IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Hi ya'll... I'm not a terribly active member here on this site, but I thought I'd share this with you all to see if you'd be interested in giving it a go. I can't claim this as an original idea, as someone on another motorcycle board I frequent came up with it... We're having so much fun (that thread is 115 pages now), I thought I'd pass it on here.

Since we are heading into some beautiful weather, and we're all looking for any excuse to ride, lets see if we can have fun while we're at it!!

Here are the simple and basic rules... Don't forget.. this is for fun and entertainment!!

• The person who scores first on the target gets to set the next target.
  • Targets must be fairly generic so that anyone can hit them with a little effort. No targets like, you, your bike, and the Golden Gate bridge for instance.. A more suitable target would be - you, your bike, and a truss style bridge.
  • Nothing dangerous or illegal.
  • No old pictures. You must seek out the target after it's announced, not use a picture you already have.
  • No Photoshopping.
  • Targets must involve you and your bike in some way.
  • Anyone may announce a prize for hitting the next target (prizes should be of minimal value or for the purpose of fund raisers on this site). A suitable prize would be a ride bell for instance.
  • Post your picture (or a link to your picture) in this thread.

some of the funnier targets from the other site were things like "you, your bike, and a drag queen", or "you, your bike in front of an employement agency, and you holding a sign that says 'will work for chrome'", and a favorite of mine "You, your bike, and at least two Hooters girls (dressed in Hooters attire)".

So let me kick this off by setting the first target!

You, your bike, and a covered bridge.

Good Luck, have fun, and be creative!

PS: Mods and Admins - Please modify rules here as necessary to be within site policy. I don't want to step on any toes with regards to "prizes" or "fundraisers".

Guest BluesLover

Dang ... too bad I can't move things back in time, 'cause I've got me the covered bridge and the Hooters girls already done!!!

Cheers,

P.S. Oh yeah ... good idea!!!!

I really do like this. Sounds like a LOT of fun and we should get some great pictures from it. I don't understand how the prizes or any fund raising works though. Even without that, I think it would be great.

It was something that just sort of happened on the other site I frequent. Someone who sells ride bells on the site announced in the thread that they'd award a bell to the next target hit, just to add a little spice to the mix. It's certainly not necessary, but just thought I'd mention it.

And yes.. it is a LOT of fun, and we've got a ton of amazing pictures to prove it! :)

Guest BluesLover

One of these days Tom, one of these days!

My buddy and I go to Florida every November to kind of close out our riding season. Last year, we thought we'd have some fun and made it an "All-Hooters" tour. For a week, we visited a different Hooters in and around the area where we were staying ... the grand finale was on Saturday when we had an appetizer at the Ft Myers Beach store (where that pictire was taken), lunch at the Cape Coral store and dessert at the Ft Myers store ... wound up hitting 11 different stores in the 7 days ... :cool10: ... got the pictures with the girls at each of them :).

Cheers,

Joe, I think that is an old picture - not one for this new contest :confused24:

Cool idea.

That's correct.. the idea is to get folks out and in search of the target. Old pictures don't count. How do you prove it's not an old picture? The honor system! :)

Guest BluesLover
OK BluesLover it looks like you score the first target, set the next one.

Hey Joe - that would be cheatin' because those were taken last July and November... guess I'll have to find me another covered bridge (there is one within an hour's ride, but it's still a wee bit chilly to do that one up this way.

Cheers,

guess I'll have to find me another covered bridge (there is one within an hour's ride, but it's still a wee bit chilly to do that one up this way.

Cheers,

....now where did I see a covered bridge at :confused24:

Brad there is one not 30 minutes away and we have never brought you there. I figure for sure we will be there this year.

Lou is that the one up here.

PS sounds like fun. By the time you get back to post someone beat you too it :rotf:

Brad

Guest BluesLover
Lou is that the one up here.

Hey Brad - the only covered bridge left in Ontario is the one at West Montrose (pictured below), so yup, that's the one that I was talking about.

Cheers,

Guest BluesLover
Wow Lou, hope you didn't get any smudges on that black cherry..LOL
Does drool count as "smudge"???

In all seriousness, we all had a lot of fun with the "John & Lou's All- Hooters Tour", including the girls and the store managers. At every store, we approached the managers first and told them what we were doing, and got their approval to have the young ladies come out for a picture on the bike. At the last stop on the tour (Spring Hill, FLA), they even gave each of us a calendar ...

Cheers,

Lou : Darn you ....ya beat me to the punch ...I have a pic of the West Montrose Bridge here somewhere .... Oh well better luck next time

Tom : You remember that ride we took ...the two of the three sisters ...If I remember right you were getting direction from a pretty hot ...oppppppppps sorry ....Deb might read this lol ......:stickinouttounge:

OK folks...I can't say that I will provide a prize for ALL of these but for this first one, I will provide a VentureRider Guardian bell or two VentureRider patches (your choice) for the first one who posts a NEW picture of their bike by a covered bridge. As said earlier, it MUST be a picture taken since this was started. NOT a picture taken last year or any other time previous.

hmmmm....if the picture is of your bike AND the Hooters girls, I will include the bell AND the patches. :)