IGNORED

Mesh Gear

juggler

I picked up a Mosse mesh/leather riding jacket this year. I don't know how I survived previous summers wearing my HOT leathers.

My wife picked up the Mesh tek2 jacket from First Gear this year also. This mesh stuff is great.

Guest sargeb13

I wear a First Gear mesh jacket all summer, in Texas temps well into the 100's. Jacket is black. I know its actually cooler wearing the jacket than riding without it. Air flows freely through the jacket, but two layers of mesh keep direct sunlight off and the surface heat of the black top-layer away from my skin. In very hot weather, I wear an evaporative vest under the mesh, and that keeps me MUCH cooler than riding in shirt sleeves.

Michael

• 1 month later...
Guest 2mike2

I have ridden with first gear mesh jackets and pants for 3 years now. with the liner, i have ridden at 30 degrees and been comfortable. I ride in 90 to 100 degree weather as well.

wear leather or fabric gloves and a 3/4 helmet with a full face shield. I am not handsome, but a helmet and face shield saved my life 30 years ago. mike

I've had several mesh jackets, my current and favorite is my Vanson Ventmax 3 jacket I picked up from newenough.com. It is cooler, lighter, and tougher than my previous jackets. Of course it's also a little spendier - but I think it's worth it.

http://www.newenough.com/vanson_vent_max3_jacket_page.htm

The leather bones on the sleeves are reflective too.

Ok, I've had my Mossi mesh leather jacket for about a month or two. I love it. The mesh allows me to stay cool in the warmer months and it provides good safety and armor. However, I did find it's low temp limit last night. Riding from St. Paul, MN to Winona, MN(110 miles) the temps dropped down into the upper 40's. I had the thinsulate liner in and my leather vest on over the top. That was not enough. My arms were freezing. We stopped in Redwing to pick-up food and I put a sweat shirt on underneath the jacket. That worked for about 20 miles, then I was back to freezing.

When we head out today I am going to find a motorcycle shop and see what I can find. Even a vinyl rain jacket to wear over the top would help since that would block all the wind from getting through the mesh.

The leason here is Mesh is cool not warm. No matter how much stuff you put under it.

This jacket is still a winner in my book. I don't normally ride when it this cold.