IGNORED

Visit to the Airport

AKRefugee

I work in aviation here in Connecticut. Today we had nice weather (finally) and the company needed a part taken to JFK. No one else was available so I volunteered to run the part down to JFK. Went to the house and got the Evil Duck out and off I went to JFK. When I got there I pulled up to the departure area and called our personnel to come out and get the part. While waiting for them I got off the bike and just leaned against it listening to some tunes.

I waited for about 15 minutes. During this time security was running off the cagers but they never once approached me. The person finally came out and I gave them what I had brought down. I asked him for the replacement part which he had of course he had forgotten. He said he would go get it and that I should wait right there. I told him okay but if security cam around and ran me off I would come back in about 15 minutes to look for him.

I waited for about 20 more minutes, still just listening to tunes. Security never came up to me but was still running the cagers off. After about 20 minutes he came back with the part and told me the he knew why the security was not bothering me. I asked him why and he said "they think your are a police motorcycle".

Now I was sitting there about 35 minutes now wearing a 3/4 helmet with a full shaded shield, my black leather chaps and a yellow and black winter riding coat listening to AC/DC etal at about 25 and they think I am a COP? Must have been the antennas and the mike on the helmet I guess. Got the biggest laugh out of that all the way back home.

As I often say "cleverly disguised as a responsible adult (not)". Didn't know the disguise was THAT good.

Moral of the story. If you want to park in front of an airport terminal waiting on someone for a long time, and not get harassed, take your Venture!

When I take longer trips the wife usually flies (by airplanes for all you smart a$$e$) and then I pick her up at the airport. The same sort of things happen to me twice in the last few years.

In Atlanta last year, like you I sat around on the bike, leaned against it and walked around a bit in the shade. Finally parked in the shade in a no parking area to try and keep cool. The cops was chasing everyone else out but not me, they would just walk by and and smile. Was probably there for 45 minutes.

A few years ago in Springfield, Mo the same sort of thing happen but I had a soft cooler on the trunk and it was leaking water, the security guy came over because he thought I was leaking gasoline but I think just to let me know in case I hadn't noticed. So then he proceeded to stand and chat with me for about 30 minutes and every so often he would walk away to chase someone away.

Pretty interesting,

Jerry