IGNORED

KuryAkyn Grip Install

Taking old grips off and adding the Kuryakin grips are pretty easy.

The guys gave a pretty good description of how to get the old grips off.

Here are some pictures I took to kinda help out a little.

I already have mine on but it gives a idea and the direction you will need to turn the weight. (my finger pointing)

I wished you where closer we could of did it together and taken pictures to post here for the next person.

When I took my old grips off I did not take the end piece off with a screwdriver. I used a rubber oil filter remover and strapped it on the weight and twisted toward the fairing and it started spinning off.

The 3rd pic is of the threaded end that the weight goes into.

If you would like to ad the weights to the end of your handle bars, That is a little more involved,but can be done................Ron

1. Direction of twist on end weight finger points in direction.

15516.jpg

2. twisting weight off

15517.jpg

3. look at threads on end of handle bar

15518.jpg

4 to 8. twisting grip of L to R while pulling

15519.jpg 15520.jpg 15521.jpg 15522.jpg 15523.jpg

9 & 10 sliding new grip on

15524.jpg 15525.jpg

Edited by Freebird

This is from a previous post I did last year.

I just put the Kuryakyn Grips on my 02 and here is what I did.

1st. Pulled end weights off and took old grips off.

2nd. Took allen end screws and rubber out of new grips and wrapped chrome with masking tape. Machined out the hole on back of Kuryakyn Grips to .860 thousandths to fit end weights.

3rd. Put rubber back in grips and put left side on with end weight and tightened.(slid right on)

4th. Right grip would not go on (throttle to tight-rubber would fold up) Trimmed .120 thousandths off of throttle with Dremel tool.

5th. Used liquid soap to help slip grip on.

6th. Made a bushing out of aluminum .760 thousandths O.D /.620 thousandths I.D /.670 thousandths Long that threaded itself on throttle weight to give .040 thousandths clearance so throttle would rock back on its own.Then thread weight on right side and your done.

That is how I got mine on or they would not fit.

After I started I wondered if I should of, but they look great and I like the Throttle weights that the VENTURE has.

Hope this helps I know I should of took pictures but forgot til I had already finished.

All the dimensions are there and step by step instructions...................................... .......Ron

Now the pictures above are from the left side and I will pull my right side and take pictures of the right (throttle side) so you can see the bushing and it really is easy to do and the weight tightens up real tight and throttle rocks back real nice.........................Ron

O.K. just finished uploading pictures of throttle side, Finger pointing in direction to twist off weight.

You don't need to be as technical as I was just a piece of aluminum tubing ( or copper or ??)that slides over threaded end and is long enough to give you throttle play.

The measurements are there and it works really swell on my 02.

I used a plumbing tube cutter to cut the aluminum.

Hope this helps you guys out........Ron

1. Direction to twist of throttle side (finger pointing)

15632.jpg

2 & 3. Aluminum tube and how it slips over shaft.

15633.jpg 15634.jpg

4 & 5. end of handlebar and threads

15635.jpg 15636.jpg

6. Gap in between throttle and weight to show how far in it goes, theres lots of threads.

15637.jpg

Edited by Freebird