IGNORED

Passenger Armrests For 2006 Venture

Guest NanPaw

HI EVERYONE, I AM LOOKING FOR PASSENGER ARMRESTS FOR MY 2006 VENTURE IS THERE SOMONE WHO MAKES THESE AFTER MARKET I HAVE SEARCHED ONLINE EVERYWHERE, AND FOUND THEM FOR HD ULTRA BUT NOT SEEING ANYTHING FOR STAR VENTURE ANY INFO WOULLD BE GRATFULLY APPRECIATED. THANKS

NanPaw:322:

HI EVERYONE, I AM LOOKING FOR PASSENGER ARMRESTS FOR MY 2006 VENTURE IS THERE SOMONE WHO MAKES THESE AFTER MARKET I HAVE SEARCHED ONLINE EVERYWHERE, AND FOUND THEM FOR HD ULTRA BUT NOT SEEING ANYTHING FOR STAR VENTURE ANY INFO WOULLD BE GRATFULLY APPRECIATED. THANKS

They are available from Diamond R Accessories, a great place to do business....and a supporter of VR.org too!

Here ya go....

http://www.diamondraccessories.com/yamaha/proddisplay.php?name=Swingout%20Tubular%20Armrest

Thanks for the link, I will look into it, I was hoping to find a clamp on model without drilling but am thankful for these I will keep you posted, meanwhile if there are others out there fee free to post

Blessings

Thanks for the link, I will look into it, I was hoping to find a clamp on model without drilling but am thankful for these I will keep you posted, meanwhile if there are others out there fee free to post

Blessings

The previous model from Diamond R were clamp-ons....I had them on my RSV and didn't think much of them. They clamp on to the passenger grab bar, which is padded. So, the clamps twist around pretty easily. Hard to keep them in place. Personally, I think the bolt on model would be better.

That was my concern also about clamps, I am glad to talk to someone who has tried it... I like the foot pegs for the passenger also, do they have them switch blade for the heell rests? Thanks

I just got the armrests from another member and installed them on my bike 2 weeks ago. The drilling is not abig deal, but 1 note: make sure you have a sharp drll bit.:whistling:

I installed the first side and had to use 2 bits, 1 sizevto start the hole and then a larger to get it to the right size. It finally dawned on me :bang head:that maybe my bit was dull, so I went up the the HW store and got a new bit. The 2nd side was done in 5 minutes.

BTW, if you have the right drill, there is no need to remove the saddlebags to complete the install.

Great glad to hear you got em on withoout any trouble, ace is the place with the helpfu hardware man.....I often use self tappers in our line of bussiness but they are a little soft I sure dont want to break one off...I wil be ordering mine by the end of the week...I willl keep you posted...

\

blessings

NanPaw:337:

I just got the armrests from another member and installed them on my bike 2 weeks ago. The drilling is not abig deal, but 1 note: make sure you have a sharp drll bit.:whistling:

I installed the first side and had to use 2 bits, 1 sizevto start the hole and then a larger to get it to the right size. It finally dawned on me :bang head:that maybe my bit was dull, so I went up the the HW store and got a new bit. The 2nd side was done in 5 minutes.

BTW, if you have the right drill, there is no need to remove the saddlebags to complete the install.

My wife has been wanting armrests but I've been hesitant about buying them.

It appears in the pictures at the site that the armrests are situated pretty far forward. Most of the time you would want your elbow to rest on the armrest. Is this the case with these armrest?

Thanks,

Jerry

My wife has been wanting armrests but I've been hesitant about buying them.

It appears in the pictures at the site that the armrests are situated pretty far forward. Most of the time you would want your elbow to rest on the armrest. Is this the case with these armrest?

Thanks,

Jerry

I am not sure yet, my wife has not tried them out. :confused24:

Both kids have had a chance to take a ride with them and they both like them, though I did not bother to pay attention to how their arms sat on them. If you got to my picture gallery you will several pics of my daughter on the bike this past weekend after I put the armrests on.

• 1 month later...
Guest NanPaw

Hey everyone"

Just wanted to let you know I installed the armrests from Diamond R...Wife luvs them, and if Mama's Happy...you know! Everyones happy...

Install is easy...drop the bags, drill the holes...bam! there on... 1 hour tops...Use a new bit, and get your wifes imput if there straight...no problem...I will upload new pics later so you can see, Thanks again everyone for helping me make our riding experiance more pleasurable....

Be Blessed........Nan Paw.:bobby::grandma:

P.S. Heres the link.http://www.diamondraccessories.com/y...ular%20Armrest

I want to bring something to everyone's attention regarding the use of passenger arm rests. When sitting in the co-pilot position with the rests in place look down at the leg position of the passenger. The legs are trapped under the rest. Now think about what would happen if the unthinkable does reach out and grab you. Hitting that car, animal or just having to lay it down for some unseen reason.

We have a member on this site that had this very thing happen. I can not say if the arm rests were to blame or not but his wife sustained leg injuries that required major surgeries and hip replacement. Just something to think about... I did and quickly removed mine.

Guest NanPaw

I tell you my wife has been nothing but pleased with the arm rests since she cannot hold arms up for extended periods of time, It truley is a blessing.

I appreciate the concern of the postion of where the leggs rest but along with being extra alert and watchful for the other guys along with myself, there is this Thing I call "Trusting in the Lord" I must tell you as a believer I always thank the Good Lord for a safe trip and journey and return, asking him to keep us protected during our coarse of enjoyment....Saying that we all could use a lot of help out there, enjoy life, enjoy it more abundantly, and be safe....

Be blessed....NanPaw