IGNORED

Can't sleep!

Yama Mama

Yep here I am, 1:15AM. What is wrong with this picture. Dead tired, yet cannot sleep. You know the old song Tossin and Turnin? Well, here I am posting a thread about not being able to sleep. Where did I come to post; of course my family site. No point to this whole message other than, why when I was absolutely exhausted, could hardly keep my eyes open while I was on chat tonight, then I go to bed and voila, here I am. Wide a wake! Took 2 Benadryl which could put a full grown horse to sleep, did not have any caffeinated beverage before bedtime, worked harder than any normal day at work, and here I am.

I know there is no point to this post other than, how many of you have had this same thing happen to you? You know the next day at work is going to be a tough one, thoughts are pouring through every crevice of your brain, you try to fight it, and yet you cannot sleep. Why oh why oh why. I just answered my own question.

No motorcycling! After a great motorcycle ride out in the country, with that fresh air, I always can sleep. No wonder, I am wide a wake tonight. The weather stinks, ice, slush, and cold. I figured it out.

I cannot sleep because I cannot ride my most favorite thing in the world. The only piece of metal that makes me so happy, and gets rid of all my worries and woes. The greatest sleeping medication ever invented.

Our Royal Star Venture. I am going to go back to bed now. Going to dream of those 4 cylinders running down a nice winding country road. The warm wind blowing in my face, our favorite tunes playing, and absolutely no worries. Just riding on the greatest motorcycle we have ever owned.

Ah I feel I can sleep now. Good night friends and thanks for the little talk; I needed it so badly.

Peggy

OH Peggy I'm so sorry you couldn't sleep last night. Hope you did finally get some sleep. Now remember you shouldn't think of anything once you hit the bed. Clear your mind and think nothing just big fluffy pillow thoughts. No worries about the next day that will take care of itself. Just calm soothing thoughts of nothingness. Hope that helps for the next time.

Sorry couldn't help ya last night. Maybe next time.

Margaret

Guest injunjoe

Maybe someeone could make one of those soothing bedside soundtracks of a RSV cruising at about 2000 rpm's.As an engineer on tugboats the throb of the main engine always lulled me to sleep.

It's called being 'overtired'. Wife gets it every once in a while & pays for it the next day, but also sleeps well the next night....if she doesn't take that nap on day two, before bedtime.

mini-muffin knows about thinking about nothing to get to sleep.

Myself, I can clear my mind & 'think-no-thoughts' in order to get to sleep.

I'm surprised to learn someone else has learned to do that.

I tried to teach wife, but she just can't do it.

Thanks for all your advice. It was a long day today at work. The other problem was I kept hearing MC Hammer singing "Can't Touch This".

Is this some rare subliminal message from the powers that be?

But I have this happen to me a lot, and as far as getting rid of thoughts which keep me awake, it is not possible. I have never been able to do it, no matter how hard I try. I have a very stressful job and was really stressed this week to make matters worse.

Wish me luck tonight. Thanks.

Oh Red you could be right about your idea. Thanks.

Peggy