IGNORED

New to forum

Guest BLUGEM

:225: Well thanks to Don, I've learned how to get on this thing. So if all goes bad blame Don. While not new to bikes and riding I am new to the dresser deal, and so far the wife love the venture! I was born ridding and raceing M X and was a factory rider for bulltaco, so you know how old I am. We have owend allmost every make of bikes in the last 30 yrs. In 02 I bought a V* 11 cust , it was cheep and I wanted a new bike. The plan was to buy a real bike ( as my H D ridding buddies say) the next year or so. Well that was 30k miles ago and the 11 had been cut and choped and hot roded and painted , you know the deal. Now I have a 15 K in a 02 11 V* that I would never part with! So with fixing up the11 to the point it was not a long distance bike we had a chose to make. The wife was rideing a 06 11 V* But we keep eyeballing the dressers out on the road. and starting shoping. We looked at all the bikes and keep comeing back to the venture! So in 07 we bought a 07 bule @ black R S V and have not put less then 500 miles a day on when we hit the road! with over 3K on it the first summer ( picked it up in july and winter hit in nov.) Can't wait for spring. Sorry for rambilg on , but don't worry about reading this fast cuse I type slow! Would like to hook up with outher riders in Idaho Thanks for your time .

Thankes Kevin @ Nancy

P S we are restoring a 1962 ca72 honda dream that we'e owned for28 yrs. and are looking for parts. Thanks again Kevin

[q

Well thanks to Don, I've learned how to get on this thing. So if all goes bad blame Don.

uote=Midnight Rider;169624]Kevin,

Welcome aboard !!! By far the best motorcycle forum on the net hands down. You have to becareful of who you talk to on here. I will give you a heads up if there name don't have Midnight in it don't talk to them.:whistling::rotfl::rotfl:

Ride safe,

Dale

Now look what you went and done Don!!! Another 1st we 1st Genners will have to slow down and wait on!!! Going to have to start everywhere a day sooner!!

Wait a minute, another day of riding??

Welcome Kevin, if you were looking for a nice quiet place to hide......:think::stirthepot:

I do like the color of those 07s. BLUE!!

Glad to see you here. I joined last fall and have found a bike and a pile of great friends. This place is not your usual internet community. Here is where we meet to plan rides and places to get together in person. If you are ever near Texas, stop by for some BBQ and a hill country ride.

JB

:LIME:This is the site for Fun, Food, and Frolic!!! Just jump right in and don't worry about being long winded. You'll need to be at times. Don't let those OLD Codgers with those OLD BIKES get to ya. They claim that they're faster but we all know the truth....So WELCOME and glad you're here. Tell the wife not to be shy about gettin on cause she'll meet and get to know a great bunch of ladies on here also.

Welcome to the Board. As everyone has said We Are Family here. Hope you will have a great time here. By all means have your Wife join also. There are some of us ladies that like to post on the board, also we get together in the chat room and get to know each other, by the way come visit in Chat. I can say that everyone I have met is the greatest. Hope you can make it to some of the meet and eats rallies etc. or just check on the board and see who lives in the area you are traveling in and give them a call.

• 3 years later...

Welcome to the site.When you get your 2011 if it is used be sure to go to a Yamaha Dealer and have them transfer the 5 year warrenty into your name. Get the maintenence records from the PO if he has any or change the oil/filter and rear drive oil to establish a base line for yourself.There are tech articles here that will teach you how to do those things and they are very simple to do.Many of us do our own maintinence and will be glad to share. Depending on mileage check your rear brake pads as they tend to wear quite fast. One trick is to swap them inner for outer to prolong life.Its easy to do.

There is a company in Spain that makes an iPod interface that reads thru the CD screen and allows your controller to run the iPod,worth looking into.Check out the other tech articles for questions you may have and just ride the heck out of that machine,you will love it.

BTW this thread died 3 years ago so you may want to start a new one with any questions/comments you have.

I've only been riding for 18 years but I ride over 12k a year. In that time I've owned 3 hondas 750 magna 1100 spirit 1300 vtx, 750 kawie vulkan and a 750 yamaha virago. I borrowed a kawie voyager for my honeymoon ride. It was 1 week and i went from nyc to niagra falls through canada the 1000 isles to NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, CN, in 1 week. It was a great bike very comfy. I'm wondering if the venture will be as comfortable on such a long ride. I'm looking forward to joining your family. Are there groups that meet in nyc or nj?

I've only been riding for 18 years but I ride over 12k a year. In that time I've owned 3 hondas 750 magna 1100 spirit 1300 vtx, 750 kawie vulkan and a 750 yamaha virago. I borrowed a kawie voyager for my honeymoon ride. It was 1 week and i went from nyc to niagra falls through canada the 1000 isles to NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, CN, in 1 week. It was a great bike very comfy. I'm wondering if the venture will be as comfortable on such a long ride. I'm looking forward to joining your family. Are there groups that meet in nyc or nj?

Sounds like to me you have come to the right place for your questions. Just that on this post it could go unnoticed. 1st gen, 2 gen debate never ceases but is all in good fun. I myself ride a 1st gen and am very comfortable on any of the long rides like you did on the Voyager. As far as meets in NYC or NJ there should be someone that can answer you here if the debate doesn't gobble up your question.:D