IGNORED

Picture Resizing

Here is a program that I had posted about before the big crash and just wanted to put it here again. Although the site now has automatic image resizing for profile pics, avatars, and images posted in the threads, it is NOT a fool proof system. If your images are HUGE...there could be time out problems before the pic is resized. Also, auto resizing does not work in the vBPicGallery at this time.

There are many programs out there for resizing images but if you use Windows XP...there are NONE easier than the one at the following link. Once you install this little program, all you have to do is open the folder where your pictures are saved, right click on the file name and choose "resize" from the context menu. A box will open up with options. The default option is 640 x 480 and that is the one you want to use. Just click "OK" and it will save your picture at the proper size and resolution to upload. It will NOT write over your original picture...it will save it as a new picture with the same file name except "small" at the end.

This program will not create a new icon on your desktop or anywhere else...it will simply create a new link in the right click context menu. This is the ONLY thing I use now for resizing pictures. It is simple and very effective.

So...just click on the following link. Scroll down until you see "Image Resizer" in the right menu, download and install.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/xp-downloads#2TC=powertoys

Edited by Freebird

• 4 months later...
Guest Pavement Inspector
Here is a program that I had posted about before the big crash and just wanted to put it here again. Although the site now has automatic image resizing for profile pics, avatars, and images posted in the threads, it is NOT a fool proof system. If your images are HUGE...there could be time out problems before the pic is resized. Also, auto resizing does not work in the vBPicGallery at this time.

There are many programs out there for resizing images but if you use Windows XP...there are NONE easier than the one at the following link. Once you install this little program, all you have to do is open the folder where your pictures are saved, right click on the file name and choose "resize" from the context menu. A box will open up with options. The default option is 640 x 480 and that is the one you want to use. Just click "OK" and it will save your picture at the proper size and resolution to upload. It will NOT write over your original picture...it will save it as a new picture with the same file name except "small" at the end.

This program will not create a new icon on your desktop or anywhere else...it will simply create a new link in the right click context menu. This is the ONLY thing I use now for resizing pictures. It is simple and very effective.

So...just click on the following link. Scroll down until you see "Image Resizer" in the right menu, download and install.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

I just down loaded this software and it works GREAT. So much quicker than the way I was doing it. Much appreciated.

• 3 years later...

There's a program called dropbox that allows you to add fotos and vids to a folder on your desktop that auto loads up to storage space on the net.

No need to resize anything. Slideshow included. Works great for full sized pics and broad band connections...http://www.dropbox.com/