IGNORED

Painting 83 Beast

buddy

Since we have such nice cold weather here in the south, figured might as well take the beast apart and repaint it. Wanting to go back with white paint to make it for noticeable on the road and since I live on a gravel road maybe it will not look so dirty too.:whistling:

Any how which is the best white paint for the beast as for good contact and that will last many years down the road?

Has anybody added any type of metal flake to white paint before?

If all else fails I could just use can spray paint and use some of my daughters glitter.

:rotf:

buddy

Buddy

I haven't painted a vehicle since '95, so things have probably changed , but the best paint job at the time as far as being tough and long lasting, that I know of, was a double-wet coat of dupont epoxy primer, followed by 2 or 3 coats of Imron. Shines real well and very durable. I would not personally put metallics in the paint, but thats just me. You get the paint put on right and it will look good without them.

Buddy,

Any Basecoat/Clearcoat will work well, white is a good cover color as it wont show imperfections as well. You can get a base with some flake in it. If you go that route, with metal flake, when you paint it put a marble in the paint can and shake it up often to keep the metal flake flowing evenly.

You can add as much clearcoat as you like, but I would wetsand in between coats to give it more depth.

I wanted a Pearl White scoot all my life, but everytime I came close, this great deal [on a dark color] came along.

Since I HATE washing/cleaning any of my vehicles, I like white & silver.

That bright 'refrigerator' white doesn't look good to me, though.

My new scoot is custom 'Pure Black' with no tint or flakes. Previous owner always had white, so finally got black. :(

I can wax it up & it'll just 'sparkle' for hours....unless someone opens the garage door. Then it's dusty before the door is all the way open.

Next [15th] time will be 'Pearl White' instead of 'Bowling-Ball-Black'.

I get tired of putting the cover on, when it's in the garage.

Someday in my life, I'd like to show up somewhere with a clean-looking scoot.