IGNORED

Different Morgan Carbtune?

Bartley

Freebird, maybe I am confused, since I do not have the Venture any more to check, on my 98 royal I needed both a flat and Philips, so I have a long one of each. I was thinking I only used one type on the venture, guess I remembered wrong, either way the longest thinnest shank you can find in the correct configuration is what you need.

I don't know why you folks are using a flat blade screwdriver. I don't remember for sure about the first gen but the question is from a guy with a second gen and it though you can use a flat blade, you can also use a phillips head. The phillips head works much better as it is easier to keep it where you want it.

I'm talking about the sync screws. Don't remember for sure about the mixture screws but they should not normally be touched anyway.

So, I use a long slender phillips head and it works perfectly.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Freebird, maybe I am confused, since I do not have the Venture any more to check, on my 98 royal I needed both a flat and Philips, so I have a long one of each. I was thinking I only used one type on the venture, guess I remembered wrong, either way the longest thinnest shank you can find in the correct configuration is what you need.

Yes, you need two. As has been stated, you can use a flat blade on all of them but I've just found that the phillips is easier to get and keep in place than the flat blade on the long reach one. On the left side, it requires a flat blade. I don't remember about the one on the right side. So yes, I use a short straight blade and a long phillips.

• 1 year later...

I just ordered the Carbtune Pro from the U.K. Total was approximately $130.00 Canadian delivered. Once I get it I will be following the step by step instructions from the Tech Library to try it myself. Fingers crossed. :happy34: :think:

Thomas

In case you need some help you know Carl and/or I are always willing to lend a hand. but you should have no issues. It actually sounds a lot more complicated then it is. The main thing is that they all read the same. I personally like to strive for the highest possible overall vacuum reading I can get at idle RPM and still remain equal on all four gauges. I then crack the throttle a few times to see if the remain relatively equal. If they are too far apart you can always tweak the adjustment a tad to get them to rise equally but normally if they are good at Idle they should pretty much remain so through out the throttle range providing the carbs are in good operating condition. Edited by saddlebum

In case you need some help you know Carl and/or I are always willing to lend a hand.

I always think of you guys when I get lost when it concerns the Venture. Maybe someone can watch me try it myself and guide me along to get it right. I need to put on my "big boy" pants and learn how to make this simple adjustment myself. I truly appreciate your offer. If you want to have a coffee and watch, I would love to see you.

Thomas

I always think of you guys when I get lost when it concerns the Venture. Maybe someone can watch me try it myself and guide me along to get it right. I need to put on my "big boy" pants and learn how to make this simple adjustment myself. I truly appreciate your offer. If you want to have a coffee and watch, I would love to see you.

Thomas

I don't supervise that cheaply. Now a piece of pie to go with that coffee could be hard to pass up.

• 2 weeks later...