IGNORED

Replacement Battery 1st gen

While doing some searches for a stronger Battery for my RS Warrior I came across this.

http://www.batterystuff.com/batterySearch.php?theType=Motorcycle&theMake=Yamaha&theModel=XVZ13%20Venture/Royale&theYear=1986&m=1#result

I have been ordering my batteries from these people for several years and have had good luck with them.

They have added a new battery to the ones used for the first gen Venture.

It is the bottom one and delivers 350 CCA, which is 25% more then, the top one that I normally buy for just $10 more. They ship free from Oregon via UPS or USPS to anywhere in the lower 48, Sorry Canada, Alaska, Hawaii.

Thought this might help someone

:bighug:

Fred

Yes, you will find that many of us have converted over to the Oddesy battery for many reasons, the main one is to cure the slow crank when the engine is hot!

Good info, though!

BTW you can save some money by buying the plain 680 and not the 680 MJ (Metal Jacket) as it is the same battery...

Yes, you will find that many of us have converted over to the Oddesy battery for many reasons, the main one is to cure the slow crank when the engine is hot!

Good info, though!

BTW you can save some money by buying the plain 680 and not the 680 MJ (Metal Jacket) as it is the same battery...

I got my Odyssy from a store on e-bay. It's price including shipping was something around 108.00 if I remember correctly.

Dick

That could be right.

It is a Canadian product and with the dollar down it is $136 on the site I use.

I had one and it served me well.

The sealed battery I was getting was $75 I see that has Climbed to $84.

Marry Xmas

Fred:bighug:

If you are talking about the Yuasa, I would recommend against it! Although Yuasa denies it, they are known for instantaneous, catastrophic failure. It has happened to me twice with their batteries. You start out on a nice ride, battery strong and you stop someplace, shut off the bike, then when you go to start it you have nothing! No battery at all! Just nothing!

I won't own another Yuasa! No way, No how, No matter what! Not even if it were free! :no-no-no:

i bought a gel battery from these people 6 years ago and still going strong ,has never even been on a trickle charger . westco battery. only took 3 days to get it.

Lee- What was the brand of the battery? The reason I'm asking is that gel batts usually don't take a full 14.5vdc charge that the stator on a Venture will put out without starting to gas. That's why they have a 'gel' setting on most of the chargers that are made today. The gel setting limits the charge rate to 13.4vdc to avoid gassing from happening. If a gel battery gasses the bubbles in the gel will cause electrolite seperation from the lead plates and the battery will suffer an untimely death..... If you're battery is an Odyssey 'Dry' battery this won't happen.

Guest tx2sturgis

Sometimes the word 'Gel' is used interchangeably with AGM...although they are similar, AGM batteries can be charged at the slightly higher voltage, and treated as if they were a wet cell, except they are non-spillable like the Gel batteries...

Hope this helps.