IGNORED

Just curious

Black Owl

i haven't seen it , russ!

you must actually turn on your t.v. set, on occasion.

mine is now just a high priced plant stand.

my boss half, watches hers, 24/7!

lol

just jt

No wonder, you are always here...........:rotf::rotf::rotf:

BTW I have not seen the commercial.

Guest KitCarson

I am an ex-Harley rider........first the commercial was filmed on a blocked off road....no other traffic....controlled circumstance......having said this.......I do not like the commercial at all........not one little bit. All the things we used to do wrong, all our wrong attitudes are in that commercial. I will make my own way.......I will do as I please......to H*** with everyone else. This is an attitude still exhibited by many Harley Riders even today, Just recently a group of Harley Riders set some Japanese bikes on fire at a rally. Four years ago I took some time off and road to Sturgis with a friend.......I was on my Sputzuki!! I was in your face completely with malice insulted several times, the whole Harley Clan is still somewhat like this.......only yesterday I visited HDtalking and saw a post on Foreign Bikes......

The Harley Clan needs to overcome this attitude.....stop the weekend Tavern Runs and wear a helmet.......there are more of them.....the public sees them most........yes I find this attitude quite detrimental to the whole image of Biking.

Having said this........I just ignore them.......I have several good friends who ride Harleys........they are good guys.......and the Bikes are improving. slowly......one wanted to know why his bike smoked at idle:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::sign20:Kit

I am an ex-Harley rider........first the commercial was filmed on a blocked off road....no other traffic....controlled circumstance......having said this.......I do not like the commercial at all........not one little bit. All the things we used to do wrong, all our wrong attitudes are in that commercial. I will make my own way.......I will do as I please......to H*** with everyone else. This is an attitude still exhibited by many Harley Riders even today, Just recently a group of Harley Riders set some Japanese bikes on fire at a rally. Four years ago I took some time off and road to Sturgis with a friend.......I was on my Sputzuki!! I was in your face completely with malice insulted several times, the whole Harley Clan is still somewhat like this.......only yesterday I visited HDtalking and saw a post on Foreign Bikes......

The Harley Clan needs to overcome this attitude.....stop the weekend Tavern Runs and wear a helmet.......there are more of them.....the public sees them most........yes I find this attitude quite detrimental to the whole image of Biking.

Having said this........I just ignore them.......I have several good friends who ride Harleys........they are good guys.......and the Bikes are improving. slowly......one wanted to know why his bike smoked at idle:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::sign20:Kit

i had harleys before most of the harley guys were born.alot of them are great people,some are weekend warriors or wannabe's.some are just hard core diehard real bikers.no matter what they are i like them just because we are all in this bike thing together.i don't mind if they shun me.i guess i make an equal amount of fun of them.as long as they are not into something criminal,they are okay by me.i go to a local biker bar almost every weekend during the riding season that is about 80% harley riders.no problem at all. everyone has a good time and gets along great.i guess that i'm jealous of them because they can afford a harley and i can't,and they wish they had a bike like my zx14 that can blow them away any way they want to try me.so were even.lol :2133:

Just visited the HD web site and saw the commerical. Haven't seen it on any channel yet.

I don't think it is totally bad for the biker community, but it does for sure play on the past history and the "image" that bikers used to have. I am surprised that current HD management would approve it. the current president even had a letter on the recent Blues, Bikes and BBQ event web site promoting more common sense on exhaust noise before the world backlash makes bikers become quiet!

I have never been the recipient of any bias against non-Harley (i.e. import) bikes. Have never had a Harley, but would like to try one out to see what all the fuss is about. They don't make one right now that really appeals to me, I love my '86 royale, and hope Yamaha makes something similar again soon. This all Harley "look" all the time is rather boring.

Went to the Stonehead leather shop in Utica IL a couple times this summer and while surrounded by Harley's I felt just fine. Commented to many of them how nice their bikes looked and got some respect back.

Of course I don't visit a lot of biker bars, but our Star riding group does get to biker locations once in a while, no problem to date.

Those were exactly my first impression of the commercial.

Will never understand the marketing mentality. HD is now producing a fairly decent ride, but they still have to rely on the Bad a$$ biker image to promote sales.

Star advertising is almost in lockstep with HD in attempting to attract the bad a$$ biker image of days gone by... to sell their roadliners, roadstars, and other V-2, aircooled, OHV, cruisers.

I came into the motorcycle riding world when advertising to attract new riders was more like: "you meet the nicest people on a honda."

I came into the motorcycle riding world when advertising to attract new riders was more like: "you meet the nicest people on a honda."

Wearing all that leather must turn on their Primordial "I'm a bad -ss" impression. :confused24:

I joined about the time the advertisers were using "Kawasaki lets the good times roll":thumbsup2::D

Ditto with one addition. The Harley riders that really have the attitude are the Yuppie weekend warriors. I have no problem with weekend warriors. What ever floats your boat. I do see the hilarity of the wannabe act that the attitude is a big part of it. I have been insulted very rarely by real motorcycle riders and enthusiasts. It is usually people that have never owned or ridden a motorcycle in their life and have joined in on the propaganda of the marketing campaigns or opinions of weekend warriors. I have never needed the approval of others or joined any group or crowd to be popular or accepted. I think the need to be accepted or try to be popular is the driving force behind this mania. The marketers strategies are designed to focus on this pathology to boost sales of whatever they are selling. So many people these days are driven by labels, clothing being one of them. For instance I could buy Levi jeans but I prefer Arizona jeans from JCpenney at half the cost or less than that on sale and the actually seem to last longer and fit just as well. I guess my Venture is a version of the Arizona jeans vs Levi.