IGNORED

Bushtec trailer anyone?

RSV Angel

I was in a local indy shop today and he has a 2006 Bushtec trailer for sale. Less than a 100 miles pulled. He is asking $3000. for it and if anyone is intrested I can give you his phone number.

It is white-has the front bra-and covered cooler mounted on it. Looks good.

I have no intrest other then letting ya'll know of a good deal.

There's gotta be something wrong with that..... $3000 for a pull behind MC trailer??? Heck I bought my used 26' Terry travel trailer with Forced air heat and AC/ Fridge/ micro/oven/ stereo/ etc.ect. for $4500 in mint condition. Somewhere along the line this pull behind trailer pricing thing has gotten outta wack........ Somebody's laughing all the way to the bank....with a mask on.....

they maybe high dollar , but you would not believe how much the parts cost , i thought i would try to copy 1 . eeck , it has a air bag for springs , 750.00 custom made axle , and the tires and wheels , lites and hitch , just to make the frame with out the box would cost me about 2,000 bucks , of all the trailers i have seen , those are the best , but i could buy another 1st gen for that price , but anybody can give me 1 and i would not turn it down , they are the best .

There's gotta be something wrong with that..... $3000 for a pull behind MC trailer??? Heck I bought my used 26' Terry travel trailer with Forced air heat and AC/ Fridge/ micro/oven/ stereo/ etc.ect. for $4500 in mint condition. Somewhere along the line this pull behind trailer pricing thing has gotten outta wack...

It will...just as soon as as many MC trailers are manufactured and sold as travel trailers. It's that supply and demand thing. :)

Guest Ken8143

I agree - the Bushtec is the king of MC trailers. And it is Very Expensive. And I will never have one unless some rich uncle that I don't know I even have buys one for me.

I agree - the Bushtec is the king of MC trailers. And it is Very Expensive. And I will never have one unless some rich uncle that I don't know I even have buys one for me.

I don't buy it. I don't care what the parts cost. Ever consider what the parts and materials cost to build an enclosed tandem axle 6x12 cargo trailer? A custom axle for $750 bucks...gimme a break. Bushtec's are so way over priced it's rediculous, but if you want to buy into the name association so be it. I think those that do buy into it are also into Jordach and IZOD.

I'm not saying that it justifies the price but there are MANY more differences on a Bushtec than just paying for the name. They have a patented suspension that is the best I have ever seen. These trailers just will not bounce whether loaded or empty. The larger motorcycle type wheels and tires are not back there not spinning like crazy to stay up with a bike running 70 MPH, no big deal but I like it that way. Their color matched paint jobs are superb...very close to any factory paint job you might have on the bike. Great swivel hitch system and heim pin coupler. The tires are very heavy weight. Many reports of people getting flats and being able to ride into the next town because the sidewalls are so strong that they really don't even feel flat.

Not to say that ANY of this justifies the entire price but to each his own. You can pretty much apply the same logic to many things on the market. Why is a Cadillac so much more than a Chevrolet...they share many of the same components.

The bottom line is, it's your money, spend it the way YOU want to. :) I love my Bushtec. Don't know that I would have it had it not been for some crazy VentureRider members but I still love it.

Not to say that ANY of this justifies the entire price but to each his own. You can pretty much apply the same logic to many things on the market. Why is a Cadillac so much more than a Chevrolet...they share many of the same components.

The bottom line is, it's your money, spend it the way YOU want to. :) I love my Bushtec. Don't know that I would have it had it not been for some crazy VentureRider members but I still love it.

No, the bottom line here is that there are many other brands out there that compare very well with the Bushtec at half their retail price. Bushtecs are not head a sholders above the rest of the industry enough to warrant prices double some of the others. Just because they have a patent on an item doesn't neccessarly mean that it's the only design that will do the job, or they are the only ones to produce a gel coat and color finish that are flawless. Personally I woundn't spend even half that amount on something that sits in the garage taking up room 51 weeks out of the year..... :mo money:I can think of much better places to put money. Bushtec prices are nutzo!!

No problem and certainly nothing I care to argue about. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy mine. :thumbsup2:

No problem here either. My original statement was my opinion based on an observation and nothing more. You can agree or disagree, it doesn't make any difference.

Guest tx2sturgis
There's gotta be something wrong with that..... $3000 for a pull behind MC trailer??? Heck I bought my used 26' Terry travel trailer with Forced air heat and AC/ Fridge/ micro/oven/ stereo/ etc.ect. for $4500 in mint condition. .....

What year is that Terry? Wanna sell it?

I bet not...I think you mustve gotten a really good deal, and its gonna be hard to find a deal like that just anywhere...

I bought a new Motorvation GN14 at Sturgis in 1999 and it was about $1200...with torsion bar suspension and the MC style wheels on timken bearings.....but they are quite a bit higher now.

I know the Bushtech is top of the line, but there are some other good trailers out there...