IGNORED

We Passed 3800

mini-muffin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be the devils advocate here, but I wonder just how many of those 3800 have posted more than twice, or how many have visited the site in the last two or three months even if they just lurked.?? Total numbers might be great to talk about, but I think fewer active numbers might be a better yardstick to the size of the board..... Quality instead of quantity.. :detective:

I hate to be the devils advocate here, but I wonder just how many of those 3800 have posted more than twice, or how many have visited the site in the last two or three months even if they just lurked.?? Total numbers might be great to talk about, but I think fewer active numbers might be a better yardstick to the size of the board..... Quality instead of quantity.. :detective:

You mean those of us that read more than post will be overlooked Noooooo.LOl

Ron

OK, We've got three.... :whistling: and they're intertaining too...:rotf: Maybe I didn't say it right, lemme try again. Even if you log on once in three months you're concidered shirt tail active. Lurk everyday and you're active....even if you don't post. I'm refering to those that register, and then disappear, never to log in again for whatever reason. So I wonder just exactely how many of the 3800 fall into that last catagory. Every thread has a box at the bottom that lists those that have read the thread. So there is a tool to record visits. There's also a stat in the CP file that records that members last visit to the board. Couldn't a search be done to eliminate those that haven't visited in the last 6 months and 'zero' posts to get a truer picture of how many real members we actually have? If they do come back they can always re-register???:backinmyday:

:2cents:I guess that some of this would depend on how you describe active. I myself post here fairly often, and read new posts on the home page daily. So I guess with that in mind I could be considered an active member.

However, since I have spent the majority of the riding season getting the moneypit roadworthy again, I haven't made any of the meet and eats or any events. I hope that this will change in the spring, as I'm still trying to finish the bike. Right now I'm in the collecting parts stage for when it comes time to put the thing back together after paint. Brad's light brackets came in the mail today.

So the question is are you an active member whether you make any events or simply post regularly?

Geez I'm almost sorry I posted this. I never meant for it to be based on active or not. I just thought it would be fun to see when we hit 4000.

Margaret

I would too Margaret. I would just like to see it happen without a lot of 'ghost' members. Then it would really mean something.

:2cents:So the question is are you an active member whether you make any events or simply post regularly?

Neither. Just visit the board once in a while. Out of curiousity I just went to the members list and in the first 3 pages found several members listed that haven't been on the site in over 6 months. A couple of them haven't been around since they first joined in '06. zip visits...zip posts. That was in the first 3 pages.... That's what I'm talking about.

I might not always post, but this site is just like coffee in the morning and saving grace at night. I'm always checkin' in to see whats going on!

Dan

Face it, you're addicted to this site, as is many of us here. Therapy sessions are in the chat room, in the evenings.

I would just like to see it happen without a lot of 'ghost' members. Then it would really mean something.

I agree with this statement..........:2cents:

Down at the bottom of a page there is a count of how many members have read that thread. Not how many times it's been opened, but how many different members have read it. You don't have to ever post to be counted in that number. That number rarely clears 400, and many of them don't even make it to 200, even on some of the most read topics, which usually are something about a biker down. This is how many members we really have, not any 3800. Some of these absentees ought to be sent an email to see if they still have any interest, and if there's no response, they ought to be deleted.

Guest KitCarson
Geez I'm almost sorry I posted this. I never meant for it to be based on active or not. I just thought it would be fun to see when we hit 4000.

Margaret

Hi Little One: Hey I do not know who is active or not, do not care!! These guys do not either.......There is a moderator on this site who when I grow up I hope to be just as smart as he is......was talking about PMS.......I read that.....my ears perked up, big smile.....said darn this fellow is sharp!!

A lot of truth to this......Television is not at all interesting to me or most likely most of us......I usually visit this site twice a day......early with my coffee and again at night......I mean this site is interesting.....fun.......TV is the Pitts..........everyone here is interested in bikes.......so we do have a common interest.

As for active or not active........hey this is how I found this site, I was doing a search for the clutch whine on the Venture, and this site kept showing up.....I read every article on here ten times, visited many times before one day just for fun signed up. So us non-active........we do become members sometimes........these guys mean no harm, they are just wondering this or that........yapping....now I will go hide the rest of the day as they will be after me now!! Which is one reason I have stayed.....the friendly banter........sometimes it makes my day!! Kit