IGNORED

everyone-- User name and signagure Why??

funrider

I would like to know why you chose your user name and signature. I think it could help us all to know each other a little better.

My user name is funrider, that is because I have fun everytime I go riding and every ride I have is fun.

My signature use to be, My wife asks me when I am going ot grow up, I tell her I have to grow old, I don't have to grow up. ( that pretty much is the way I look at life, to many people grow old and forget to have fun.) Another person has a signature very much the same, so I have decided to change mine.

My new one is, A clash between a bike and a cage, You can not win. Choose you battles wisely and live to ride again.

After reading about all the accidents, damage to bikes. personal injuries and even the deaths of fellow riders, I feel this is only appropriate.

Now it is your turn to tell all of us about why your user name and signature.

Oh, one more question, how do I keep this post going?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My username is Firewalker which was given to me when I was 15 or 16 as a volunteer Firefighter and would walk through walls of fire to save a person in a burning building, when I emerged an old fireman on the truck gave me the name and it has stuck, I also go by General Lee in my Star group which was given to me for my Civil War reenacting days.

KiteSquid......

Kite: I fly and build kites as my primary hobby.

Squid: I was active duty Navy when a civilian friend of mine said "you are a kite flying Squid." BTW if you call a sailor a Squid, your nose may point in a new and interesting direction, as it isn generaly considered to be quite derogatory.

The nickname stuck, so now it is my Internet "nom de plume".....

My last name is Witt. I have a brother and a sister. My father used to introduce his children as Half, Nit and Dim. People have joked about my last name as long as I can remember. I have used halfwitt as an email address since my first email account. People have no problem remembering my email!

half-wit /ˈhælfˌwɪt, ˈhɑf-/–noun 1.a person who is feeble-minded. 2.a person who is foolish or senseless; dunderhead.

I think I am offended by "dunderhead" but it could be worse. An old friend's last name is Muckenfuss...you can imagine what they do to that name!

have followed the Mariners since they became a team in 1977. :backinmyday:

Just as an aside Mariners Fan...I am a huge baseball fan. One of the items I collect is Seattle Pilot cards. I went to a card show one day and asked a dealer if he had any Seattle Pilot cards. He said, "No. I just carry baseball cards." Were you around in '69 for any games?

I'm from Washington State and have followed the Mariners since they became a team in 1977. :backinmyday:

The signature is Safeco Field. My happy place. Every time I go back to Washington I always try to catch a game there. :cool10:

Miss Safeco, Edgar, Joey, Bone, The Unit........Saturday nite games in August when you have to bring a sweatshirt. Alaskan Way viaduct at sunset looking over the Olympics......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ohhh...my name , play on words!!!!

Just as an aside Mariners Fan...I am a huge baseball fan. One of the items I collect is Seattle Pilot cards. I went to a card show one day and asked a dealer if he had any Seattle Pilot cards. He said, "No. I just carry baseball cards." Were you around in '69 for any games?

No, that would have been cool though! I do know all about the Pilots though. Good old Bud Selig stole them from Seattle! :(

I use the name Nubby because I lost my left leg below the knee when a kid in a jeep turned left at an insection and T-boned my GL1800, I didn't pick-up my leg out of the way, so I lost it! :(

Howdy!

I go by High Plains Drifter on several forums. First, I've lived in the west my whole life. I love those Spaghetti Westerns from the 60's and Eastwood was the King of the Spaghetti Cowboys just like Rogers was of the "B-movie" Cowboys. Ya just can't help but like the "Man with no Name" character that he immortalized in movies like High Plains Drifter. Second, I've lived on the high plains of Wyoming for the last 27 years. And third, I've always been a cowboy/drifter of sorts for the most part anyway.

As for my signature, It's the map of where I've ridden my '07 RSTD since I got it last December along with the creed that I've always ridden by.

Happy Trails!

Drifter

Oh my goodness, I love reading this thread. Good idea for a thead. Learn something about everyone...

Chose my username because my name is Heather and I use wheels to get around on. I use wheelchair to get around or Steve will take me for a ride in the sidecar he built for me. Back in 2005 I started a website and have been putting our motorcycle adventures up ever since.

http://www.HeathersWheels.com