IGNORED

Electrically Heated Apparel Comparison

BEER30

Last month I was looking into heated clothing for the wife and also looking at power consumption on each brand . I ran across Wingstuff.com looking at the good deal for the Tour Master Senergy Heated Jacket liner . Of course her size is on backorder . Today I received a phone call from Wingstuff to let me know the status rather than an e-mail . That was nice of them and I considered it good customer service . Talking with them , I asked as there was no place that I found on how much power they drew . They let me know that they just placed a chart up on their site . I thought I would share it with you . http://www.wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/20174_Synergy_Motorcycle_Electric_Clothing_Sizing_Chart

These liners use carbon fiber elements rather than wire elements that get better results . Here's a copy of the chart .

BEER30

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gene... just switch over to a higher alcohol percentage and you'll be just fine:rotfl::rotfl::rasberry:

I was wondering why they needed heated clothing in the south mid to high 60's during the day. What are they down there ........................ ?

:stirthepot::sign20:

Brad

I was wondering why they needed heated clothing in the south mid to high 60's during the day. What are they down there ........................ ?

:stirthepot::sign20:

Brad

Brad I have been on the bike at 14 degrees and last years SC M& E it was in the 20's and as you know If Momma aint happy Nobody is happy.

Got to keep the Mini Muffin warm so I can ride more.

Jeff

Got to keep the Mini Muffin warm so I can ride more.

Jeff

:sign20: What do you think Naugh-T got for Christmas last year. (heated jacket).

When it gets below 50 I second guess weather I want to go. 14 that is nuts. That must have been in the North. ?

Brad

I've been looking at the Senergy jacket liner and I think I would try them for my next jacket liner.

I have the Warm-N-Safer jacket liner and I am not completely satisfied with it. The lining stitching is coming apart after one season. The jacket doesn't get warm in the upper back area. Assuming the Senergy get warm, at $159 it is a much better value.

DT

i bought a gerbing jacket liner from cycle gadgets with the optional electronic thermostat.it works perfect. i get heat in about a minute.and it is warm.used it on the memphis trip and kept as warm as if i was sitting at home.has total coverage and neck warmer.it will get un comfortably warm if the thermostat is a little high.i have it set about 1/3 from the lowest and tht is a little high.i have to turn it off manually every so often.i think draws 6 amps.great product and has lifetime warranty on the electrics.bill :)

I just got this one from Aerostich and I'm loving it!

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Aerostich-Kanetsu-Wind-Blocker-TLtec-Electric-Vest-p-18912.html

For those of you in the North wondering about us Southerners getting heated gear, it does get cold in the South. Many of us don't park our bikes in the winter like yall do!:stirthepot:-Jack

Like Muffinman said , if the wife isn't happy , I ain't happy ! And admit it guys , most wife's hold the wallet or something else . :whistling:

Wife had the privelage in riding into below freezing weather , 24 degrees and she was happy one bit . After the ride and defrost , my ears were blistering hot ! .

I looked into the Senergy as for the cost and already comes with thermostat controls , unlike other without or just an on/off switch .

BEER30

I think you guys should take a look at Warm and Safe heated clothing. A good friend fo mine is a dealer and he sell via the net at www.farkelmasters.com if anyone is interested Im sure that he would give a VR discount. If there is enough interest I will speak to him on it. Warm and Safe is a brand made by the original designers of the Gerbing brand with much improvements. Im kind of sorry I bought the Gerbing before I knew about them.

14 that is nuts. That must have been in the North. ?

Brad

Nope not up north it was at 5 am right here in North east North Carolina (Elizabeth City) February is our coldest month and I ride year round.As for being nuts well do I really need to comment on that?

Jeff

Nope not up north it was at 5 am right here in North east North Carolina (Elizabeth City) February is our coldest month and I ride year round.As for being nuts well do I really need to comment on that?

Jeff

hey jeff, you ain't nuts we is real bikers. ride all year round. here . 31 here last night and i rode to and from work.no electrics.saving the electrics for the bad weather.:rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotf:

All of us know How sensitiv is Charging system on venture...after accessories hooked up, there is not to many wats left to play.

I'm did extensive research about heated clothing, and found http://www.widder.com/html/Product/System2/index.html is most economical (counting Wats and $$$) you can find on market. Heating output is enormus, riding in 30F Never need to dial controler between 1 and 3 out of 8. Last winter get on test ride with widder heated outfit on full blast , and was able to make 120 Mil in 17F riding 65-75 MPH ( You can count windchill factor ). Synergy ( Tour Master)heated clothing is simular design as Widder. I also have Gerbings Union Ridge Outer pants and Jacket and Freeze my a$$ of on last sunday M&E in Sullivan WI. Dont waste your money onGerbings Union Ridge Stuff. Iner Liner pants and jacket works way better then outer garments.

Comparation In Wats:

.................Tour Master:......................Gerbing:...................... Widder:

Jacket:...........76W...............................107W...........................55W

Pants/Chaps:...43W................................62W............................33W

Gloves:..........24W................................27W............................20W

--------- ----------- ---------

Total W.........143W...............................196W...........................108W

Choice is Yours. I'm Found Widder make exceptional good product, and meet Power consuption for our scoots, as well $$$

Next year I think I will make a liner than has hoses within . Just plug into the scoot's water jacket and use the engines coolant heat . 0% electrical problems !

BEER30

That is an Idea, that may work. Hope you don't spring a leak though, that would be real hot just before you freeze.

Seriously that would work but might be a little too hot.

Brad

Guest KitCarson
That is an Idea, that may work. Hope you don't spring a leak though, that would be real hot just before you freeze.

Seriously that would work but might be a little too hot.

Brad

INstall a couple check valves, hook the inlet to a thermostatically controlled valve, to start and stop the flow of circulation, it would work very well. Use 1/4 inch tubing so weight would not be a factor, water is just about 8 pounds to the gallon......do not put this one past Beer, he can do it. Kit

I made mine my self for about 50.00 total. This is not hard to do I think I have a link in here somewhere that explains how to do it. I ride year round and wear the heated jacket under my coveralls. I have it wired to a toggle switch and it pulls about 4 amps according to my calculations and it toasty warm. The output is about 50 watts.

INstall a couple check valves, hook the inlet to a thermostatically controlled valve, to start and stop the flow of circulation, it would work very well. Use 1/4 inch tubing so weight would not be a factor, water is just about 8 pounds to the gallon......do not put this one past Beer, he can do it. Kit

Not putting it past him, figure it would work well, and thought it was a great idea. First time i ever heard of this.

Water up here weighs 10lbs per gallon. Must be heavier water up here, oh wait the gallon is larger. :sign20:

Sort of like the dollar :stirthepot:

Brad

you must very , very , hard water up there . :stirthepot::stirthepot::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Not putting it past him, figure it would work well, and thought it was a great idea. First time i ever heard of this.

Water up here weighs 10lbs per gallon. Must be heavier water up here, oh wait the gallon is larger. :sign20:

Brad

Guest KitCarson

Brad

I surrender!! I have been out-classed:sign20::sign20:Kit

What's the power draw on the Synergy gear? I don't see anything listed on their site. Their prices sure do look nice.

Does anybody have any comments about a full jacket liner vs. just a vest (brand no matter)? Do your arms stay warm enough without the heated arm pieces? Heated gloves would probably help that anyway.