IGNORED

Dropped Bike = $5.00...........AGAIN! (or When I Stop Traffic, I STOP TRAFFIC!)

86er

I just used the "Donations" button on the top toolbar of this page again!

Any of you that read my " The Oficial "I Dropped My Bike At Vogel" Thread" know that I decided to donate $5.00 for dropping my bike. Well, yep, I did it again! And it happened the same way as last time. I was stopped on a slight hill ready to make a left (blocking traffic for our ride at the M&E), and as I started out the tranny popped into neutral!

Leaned for the turn + sudden loss of momentum = oops!

I laid the RoadSofa gently on it's side, stepped off and "walked" it back up. Heck, I even keyed the PTT button with my little finger as I was lifting, to answer Muffinman when he asked if I needed help!

Oh well, stuff happens! :confused24:

I went and paid for the "Blue Beast". After all I did Drop It!! Little late but never thought of it that way and things around here been a little tight. But working from 60 to 90 hrs a week I'll get back. Just need to find time to get One of those 1st Gens on the road.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::bighug:

By the way I forgot to tell you that the underside paint job was not visible

Jeff

How would you know? :confused07: You and Sleeperhawk were too busy riding off into the sunset!!! :bikersmilie: :7_2_104[1]: :rotfl:

:nanner:

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!

Guest KitCarson
How would you know? :confused07: You and Sleeperhawk were too busy riding off into the sunset!!! :bikersmilie: :7_2_104[1]: :rotfl: Hi Todd !! . Don't let something like that bother you, but I think I will donate $100 dollars to the site first of the month just to be a witness!!! and will. to help support it.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:.

WE have all done that.anyone whe says they have not.....are telling a tale!! I would like to say something to everyone, I was impressed with the traffic control.......we did not have CB radio and all that when I used to ride in a club...we just worked it out by having three leads at the front and done it that way. But as Sandy told me........and the reason I quit riding in groups......we was slightly exceeding the speed limit. Not just closing up the gaps...that is understandable.....but even as the lines get organized....settled down.......we were still clipping along at 75 and 80 there a couple times. I may get tollally evicted.......catch all kinds of flack over this statement....but that is too fast for secondary roads with the speed limit of 55 mph. You have to run these Ventures at 55 or 60 in 4the just to be comfortable.......but we were going too fast.......takes all your concentration just to keep the pack closed up.....spaced right.....any enjoyment of the ride is gone, Well had my say......that is why I quit group riding long ago........having to watch out for all my compadres"

Respectfully.......Kit

Uh oh.......messed up the sequence...hey I am from Awkansas.....I just did not see this huge smile lol....Kit

How would you know? :confused07: You and Sleeperhawk were too busy riding off into the sunset!!! :bikersmilie: :7_2_104[1]: :rotfl:

Especially after I warned the group ahead of time about the stop sign and downhill slope combination, sheez some people do not listen. :whistling::whistling:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::bighug:

By the way I forgot to tell you that the underside paint job was not visible

Jeff

Jeff when he answered you on the radio is it something that you could repeat here?

hope nothing was hurt other than your pride in that misshap:think:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tx2sturgis

Leaned for the turn + sudden loss of momentum = oops!

I laid the RoadSofa gently on it's side, stepped off and "walked" it back up. Heck, I even keyed the PTT button with my little finger as I was lifting, to answer Muffinman when he asked if I needed help!

Oh well, stuff happens! :confused24:

OK....new Venture owner here....Since I havent dropped the beast yet, I want to know, on a 'normal' drop, just exactly how far over does the bike fall? My electraglide comes to rest at about a 45 degree angle, resting on its highway bar, footboard, and muffler. Never any damage. I can pick it right back up. But since I have not YET dropped the new scoot, and I'm not gonna just go push it over to see what happens, can someone tell me what to expect? Will it fall over all the way and damage the bar ends? Or sit half way down, looking like its just resting?

OK....new Venture owner here....Since I havent dropped the beast yet, I want to know, on a 'normal' drop, just exactly how far over does the bike fall? My electraglide comes to rest at about a 45 degree angle, resting on its highway bar, footboard, and muffler. Never any damage. I can pick it right back up. But since I have not YET dropped the new scoot, and I'm not gonna just go push it over to see what happens, can someone tell me what to expect? Will it fall over all the way and damage the bar ends? Or sit half way down, looking like its just resting?

if yours, is like a first gen, and they ALL are, it will "gracefully lay over on the engine guards and saddlebag guards",

OR it will fall COMPLETELY over, and break up some plastic and mirrors.

it all depends on how much time you have , to "slow her down", before the fall.

i read this in a book somewhere i think, or maybe it really happened!

plastic is easy to repair, but mirrors are expensive.

just jt

at a 66 gas station last month,dropped the,vr----two little white hair ladys,setting in a lincoln,got out of there car,came over and helped me pick it,got razzzzz,a little,tryed to buy them dinner,they said that would keep an eye out for next time,then it would be a big stake

SO DROPPING THE BIKE IS NOT ALL THAT BAD

:bighug::confused24:

• 4 weeks later...

:puzzled::think::bawling::bang head::doh::sign brain fart:What do I have to do for an ALLLLLLL MOST.

I saw my life pass before my eyes. The wife & I just got done doing the Toys for Tots run in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday. I was pulling out off the grass (pulling a loaded trailer) I roll off okay, but my left foot caught the side of the tarmack, and I started leaning to the left, (to turn left) so I cracked it and got it back upright, and grabbed the front brake, to stop us from running into the parked bikes on the otherside of the road.

I'm real happy I didn't run over my left foot..

Scarried the &$#@ out of my wife.

Lesson learned, always pick up your feet when rolling off the grass onto the street.

at a 66 gas station last month,dropped the,vr----two little white hair ladys,setting in a lincoln,got out of there car,came over and helped me pick it,got razzzzz,a little,tryed to buy them dinner,they said that would keep an eye out for next time,then it would be a big stake

SO DROPPING THE BIKE IS NOT ALL THAT BAD

:bighug::confused24:

Only you Lowell, you silver tongued devil you!

:puzzled::think::bawling::bang head::doh::sign brain fart:What do I have to do for an ALLLLLLL MOST.

I saw my life pass before my eyes. The wife & I just got done doing the Toys for Tots run in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday. I was pulling out off the grass (pulling a loaded trailer) I roll off okay, but my left foot caught the side of the tarmack, and I started leaning to the left, (to turn left) so I cracked it and got it back upright, and grabbed the front brake, to stop us from running into the parked bikes on the otherside of the road.

I'm real happy I didn't run over my left foot..

Scarried the &$#@ out of my wife.

Lesson learned, always pick up your feet when rolling off the grass onto the street.

I'd think NOT having a broken foot and/or leg would be pretty valuable!!! :confused24: :whistling:

Seriously, nice save! It's always a good idea to get your feet on the pegs asap; grass, gravel or pavement.