IGNORED

Technical Service Bulletins

AlbertaClipper

Does anyone know where to go to view Yamaha's TSB's? I heard there is one for the 2007 head bolts not being torqued correctly. Anyone else heard of this?

I have not heard of this...

• Write down your bike's vin number
  • Call your local dealer, tell them you want "all recall info" on your bike
  • Give them your vin#
  • They can tell you every (or any) recall for your bike...!

:thumbsup2:

TSB's are usually only distributed to the dealers to assist in repairing problems that are historically common in a particuliar model.

Recalls can include TSB's but require the manufacturer to notify the owners of the bike to bring unit in for inspection and repair of defects that could compromise safety, for no charge. While a recall would include a VIN number range, TSB's might not.

This site has some of the TSBs and the recalls.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/

Yes there is a tech bulletin out on the 2007 Ventures, some of them have head bolts that are not torqued correctly. Normally it manifests it self as an oil leak. All you need to do is go to the dealer and ask them to check your VIN against the list on the tech bulletin. Takes about 10 minutes.

According to the tech rep I talked to at BIKETOBERFEST in Daytona last week, Yamaha will not be doing a recall, because this is not a safety item.

Be prepared to get some funny looks from the service manager when you first ask about this, seem they are not all up to speed on this issue, the local dealer here in Daytona looked very skeptical, but he did check and found that there was a tech bulletin and my bike was not included.

Go to this site;

http://www.recalls.gov/

You can look up the recalls, open investigations, and TSB's You can also review any consumer complaints which have been filed about a particular vehicle.

Russell,

I don't see any TSBs there, only recalls. As far as I know, there has never been a recall of any kind on the RSV. A number of TSBs though. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place there.

When you get onto the site (and I see they have changed the site again), on the left side of the screen you will see heading bars. Recalls, File a Complaint, Complaints, etc. In the list, you will see a bar titled Service Bulletins. Click that bar and then fill in your vehicle information. If there is a TSB out there, it should be listed.