IGNORED

where is the turn signal flasher located?

Hey Venturejockey,

What kind of problem are you having (if one at all)???

My left blinker went crazy on me about two months ago... I accused the blinker too... One of the kind gentlemen on our board quickly pointed out that it sounded more like a bad ground situation. :confused07::confused07::confused07:

Sure enough. I'd lost ground to the left front bulb. Just goes to show ya -- 40 years of riding don't make us wizzards..... :smile5::smile5::smile5:

Ain't these guys GREAT ?????

Hey Venturejockey,

What kind of problem are you having (if one at all)???

My left blinker went crazy on me about two months ago... I accused the blinker too... One of the kind gentlemen on our board quickly pointed out that it sounded more like a bad ground situation. :confused07::confused07::confused07:

Sure enough. I'd lost ground to the left front bulb. Just goes to show ya -- 40 years of riding don't make us wizzards..... :smile5::smile5::smile5:

Ain't these guys GREAT ?????

No problem with the flasher or bulbs. I plan on changing to all LED running/turn signal lights. Rather than putting in load limiters for the turn signals some of the flashers will do the same thing or at least one website said so.Thus the need to know.

I've added running lights to the rear turn signals but am still using incandesant bulb for the turn signal and want to use all LED's both front and back.

Thanks for the info and yes,

THESE GUYS ARE GREAT!!!!!

I have gotten tons of info from here over the years.

Unfortunately nbw that I have looked at the flasher it has 5 prongs. So that means the company that I was considering wont be able to help me out. They only sell 3 and 4 prong flashers. So back to the drawing board.

It seems that the running/blinkers on the front are too dim to me. Now that I've changed in back that system works well but I'm still using an incandesant bulb there and want all LED's without the change in blinking rate.o

Eric actually what you want to do isnt all that difficult. You will need to sacrafice your automatic TS cancel though. I have had it done on my bike for over a year. It works great but if you need the TS cancel you will need to just install load equalizers. This is what I used from Custom Dynamics.

http://www.customdynamics.com/yamaha_flasher.htm

Eric actually what you want to do isnt all that difficult. You will need to sacrafice your automatic TS cancel though. I have had it done on my bike for over a year. It works great but if you need the TS cancel you will need to just install load equalizers. This is what I used from Custom Dynamics.

http://www.customdynamics.com/yamaha_flasher.htm

Thanks TT I will look into it.

• 11 years later...

Sounds like you guys might be able to help me out. Have an 06 rsv left rear blinker and dash indicator and flashers quit. Right side blinks fine on turn but not flashers. All bulbs are good. No power to the left rear bulb. Haven’t got into the wiring yet. Tbirds