IGNORED

Questions for Wisconsin folks

sarges46

I am looking at buying a camper from someone in Janesville.

Jerry (Boo) is going to be working with me to look at it and maybe more.

Is it true that you dont need or have title for small trailers in Wisconsin?

How do you register it without title?

Could someone fill in the blanks for me please.

There will be no relay needed.....lol...I plan on a roadtrip if this works out.

It's true for some small trailers like snowmobile trailers there is no plates and no title.

Not sure how big it has to be to have a plate/title but I bought a Bobcat years ago in Wisconsin and it came with a trailer with no title AND no lights.

Don't know how you will get it into Canada.

Jerry

I have both a 10 ft. utility trailer, pull behind motorcycle trailer, and a boat trailer (w/ 17 ft boat). There are no titles or tags for any of them. You will need a signed bill of sale to get things passed the border. When running thru Canada, I didn't have any difficulty getting the trailer thru either way. However, I was just vacationing and not bringing back in something new.

Contact your local Dept. of Motor Vehicles and see what the requirements are.

Good Luck.

RR

Guest maddabber

Not to say to be dishonest. In Ontario you can get a trailer plate classed as home made, that would go on any small trailer. This is never renewed and can be used on a camper or cargo just using the one plate. I brought back a traler from Montana years ago by just putting my trailer plate on it, but I lso took down a cargo trailer that I sold there. You would probably have to pay GST on the trailer bringing it in to Canada, just check with Customs.

Darrell

Good Luck

To be up and up I have to go through the register of import vehicles and they will steal 208 bucks from me plus gst. When I register it then another tax for the province.

I had alot of trouble getting my piggybacker through the RIV because the VIN didnt match. Alot of help from piggybacker group finally got her done.

It looks like we will get this but I expect some sort if issues...I hope the bunkhouse folks are as good to me as piggybacker was.

Thanks for the offer Steve...right now Boo is assisting but I've asked alot from him and if its too much I may be looking your way. He is a little closer I think.

Yep....three trailers and in that order. The BC one matches my 1st gen and is going with the bike. The plan is as you said....get a hitch for Marilyn's vstar and hook up the piggy.

(Lets see if Marilyn can beat me now...her with the trailer and me without of course!!):rotf: