IGNORED

A 1996 Gold Wing with TRAINING WHEELS?

Guest Popeye

I have seen a few bikes with the voyager kit on them. A couple of them were guys who had a few years and a couple of bad knees and could no longer hold the bike up. It was either the voyager kit or quit riding.

Hey! you talken to me... 1st choice and or 2nd choice ? still better then no choice..:rotf::confused24:

are you listening Charlie??? :stirthepot:

Guest Ken8143

Yeah - I saw this one time. Not to be offensive to anyone here, but it was an old geezer and without those wheels going up and down he would have had troubles I am sure. I thought it was kinda neat.

Hey there Popeye... go over and check out my RSV with those training wheels on it. Looks cool when done properly. A lot of us old farts are going this way.

Hey Mike,

I just had a look at your set up and was wondering if you are still able to open your bag lids without hitting the fenders on the Voyager kit? Just curious.

The bike and trailer look great.

I have a good friend that has the voyage on his valkyrie and loves it. His knees are very bad and he's getting the knees replaced this winter. Also, there's some folks that just aren't comfortable on 2 wheels but love the wind in their hair. I can see a regular trike in my future at some point.

Eddie:stickinouttounge:

My dealer installs these on all bikes, including smaller scooters, for around $1300 parts and labor (I think that's what he said). Has done three recently for amputees--it's a lot cheaper than a trike and it keeps them out in the open. Had never seen one before, but what a great idea, eh?

• 1 month later...
Hey there Popeye... go over and check out my RSV with those training wheels on it. Looks cool when done properly. A lot of us old farts are going this way.

Spud;

I took a look at your trike & trailer. Nice setup there, but I know many who have opted for the trike [we can't go to a meet without seeing several]. One friend I ride with got a trike since he lost some peripheral vision in one eye.

Trikes seem to be popular with many younger riders as well....at least those who can afford them.

However, the pic I posted just brings the word 'contraption' to mind.

If I ever go 3 wheels [quite possible] it'll just have to look a little better than this one.

Maybe it's a matter of taste, but these wheels are just toooo small, for me.

Squid, I was just lurking and looked your RSV up. That's a nice looking rig you've got there. Now I'm assuming the rear mc tire is gone and it's a three wheeler. Like the trailer also. I'll join the 60 club soon. Bill