IGNORED

Pros and Cons riding into Mexico

James Ardrey

My brother is planning a trip to Guadalahara Mexico on his motorcycle.

Let me put it this way,, I have lived in Mexico for 16 years and have never experienced any the horror stories others are reporting. I would travel in a group if possible and only during daylight hours. I have traveled to about 14 or 15 of the Mexican states by car, boat and motorcycle. If you want to contact me directly please do and I will do my best to give you accurate and honest information including route information.

Mike

San Carlos, Sonora

My brother is planning a trip to Guadalahara Mexico on his motorcycle. I've heard horror stories of motorcyclists getting their bikes stolen or taken away, mugged and any number of other consequences from riding across the border. I just wanted to get some feedback from some of you guys with firsthand knowledge or a safe way to travel in Mexico on a motorcycle in particular.

As of 9-14-2020

mexico.jpg

Personally, I'm not too keen on the idea of driving into Mexico, but I would like to see it.

My niece, Tabi has been splitting her time between San Miguel, Mexico and Central Ohio for 15 years now. A couple of times a year she's been driving there and back on her own. She says she doesn't stop in Mexico until she's a few hours from the border. She also says the police are corrupt, but it's really not a big deal...If you get a speeding ticket, you pay them directly instead of the government....cost is about the same and is negotiable.

She's 5'4 and of a gentle nature, so I guess if she can do it, others can too.

Tabi.jpg