IGNORED

Respray / Bodywork

Guest sis

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to revamp my RSV 2000 model with a dark blue colour scheme and just wondered if anyone could advise me in how big a job it is to remove all the bodywork, my main concern being the fairing.

Would appriciate any help / info regarding timescale and things i may need to replace which are awkward to remove.

Thanks

Sis

Actually, removing the body work is not difficult EXCEPT for the inner fairing. THAT is where the "lot's of work" comes in. Except for that, I can probably remove every painted piece on the bike in less than an hour.

Well...I forgot about the rear fender. That would take a bit of time also but not that hard to do.

It's a lot of work and your resale value goes DOWN. Nothing personal, just a fact of life.

Enjoy.:cool10:

Nothing personal but I think you're wrong on both counts... It's not that hard to strip the bodywork... How can repainting a fading scratched up 7 year old bike lower the resale value???

Sis go for it .. I've been thinking about painting my 03 Midnight... Make sure you take before and after pictures.

Good Luck,