IGNORED

Close Call.......Them pesky giant rats with antlers....

MonsterBiker

My wife and I were out riding the RSV on a county road this morning when I saw a young buck cross the road about 50 yards in front of us. Knowing that there are often more than one I started slowing down with my head on a swivel. As we got closer to where he crossed I noticed that he was running parallel to the road because he could not get over a fence. I thought to myself "I bet he is going to come back across the road". Sure enough, just when we had nearly pulled even with him he shot back across right in front of us and I had to nail the brakes to keep from hitting him. Luckily I was expecting him to do that and was ready for him so no harm done, just a little added excitement to the morning ride.

Getting T boned full on by a deer on your bike would be like getting hit by sack of redi-mix launched from a cannon. Those little bastards are lanky but pretty densely packed and really fast. They can cave in a car door and keep right on going.

I lost count of all the cars I've lost to deer, but happily never a bike. Glad you kept the correct side up and got some good excitement. Good times!:biker:

My wife and I were out riding the RSV on a county road this morning when I saw a young buck cross the road about 50 yards in front of us. Knowing that there are often more than one I started slowing down with my head on a swivel. As we got closer to where he crossed I noticed that he was running parallel to the road because he could not get over a fence. I thought to myself "I bet he is going to come back across the road". Sure enough, just when we had nearly pulled even with him he shot back across right in front of us and I had to nail the brakes to keep from hitting him. Luckily I was expecting him to do that and was ready for him so no harm done, just a little added excitement to the morning ride.

Had something similar happen just as we were leaving a buddy's house for a small group ride. I was in the lead and a doe came out of the tree line, ran next to me for what seemed like and eternity and then finally darted away from us. After recovering from the 'Oh Sh!7' moment I asked the others over intercom if they got that recorded and of course not. no one was going to turn on their cameras until we filled up 30 minutes later. Like you I fully expected her to dart in front of me.

Had something similar happen just as we were leaving a buddy's house for a small group ride. I was in the lead and a doe came out of the tree line, ran next to me for what seemed like and eternity and then finally darted away from us. After recovering from the 'Oh Sh!7' moment I asked the others over intercom if they got that recorded and of course not. no one was going to turn on their cameras until we filled up 30 minutes later. Like you I fully expected her to dart in front of me.

That reminds me, I have a GoPro mount on the bike but forgot to put the camera on yesterday.