IGNORED

2008 RSV exhaust

Ok, maybe a bit of a weird question but can someone tell me how loud a stock RSV sounds? Previous owner had to have changed the exhaust on this bike. Sounds like a dragster waiting for the light to go green. Like a rumble but this is not a Harley.

My 2009 RSV has a bit of a rumble but it isn’t loud by any means. My brother has a set of Bub’s on his 2006 RSTD and we make him ride in the back. He makes too much noise!

Might be why I'm in the back. I thought it was because I was the biggest (Hannigan Trike) LOL

Yep. I have stock pipes on my ‘07 ever since she had 1 mile on the odometer. To put in perspective, you’ll be able to enjoy your music as you ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Way.Can't listen to music on this ride. Ok, I guess my next modification will be to unmodify it. Have to see about getting it back to stock.

So HD spent lots developing the HD tone. What I have seen tho are guys that pull baffles, that is an annoying racket in my opinion .

A touring bike should have a getup and go sound but not so constant that it numbs us down the road.

I personally enjoy quiet bikes with a soft rumble, the HD stuff is boring, "look at me mom" is ok for those that stay close to home; that way their mom knows they are still alive and not far ;) (did i say that aloud:think:

• Like 1

There are a good number of riders that want to try the loud rumble on their bikes. Then after a few years or so, they go back to stock mufflers. I prefer the latter.

Well, I guess I'll call the shop this morning and see what they have. What's on here is too loud and probably part of the reason for the popping and backfire when I let off the throttle. Maybe changing back to stock might help with that as well. Just finished getting the armrests, grill guard and LED lights put on, so this should finish it out (for now).

I seem to recall there being a set of factory RSV slip ons in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

I picked up a cheap pair of HD take offs from a local performance shop when I thought I might have a bad muffler. Turned out to be a crack in the header pipe right after the rear heat shield. Muffler repair tape and heavy duty hose clamp fixed it right up so I didn't try the HD mufflers. I'll keep them for emergency spares.

I did a google search and found lots of videos of RSVs with loud pipes but none with the stock pipes. I think my RSV with stock pipes is loud enough for me.

Agreed. Don't know what these are but just too loud. Don't mind a little rumble.

• 3 years later...