IGNORED

So California just outlawed gasoline powerd cars.......

Flyinfool

It was on the news tonight that California Gov just signed a law that outlaws the sale of new gasoline powerd cars by 2035. This in a state that is so short of electricity that they already have rolling brownouts.

Am I the only one that sees anything wrong with this picture?

I would direct anyone to consider the state of his state before assuming he has solutions for anything. Didn't this guy ironically nearly chase a guy out of his state that is brilliantly adept at designing and building electric cars?

I'm not sure how his career ever exceeded the life-span of a common household ****fly. We're laughing, as we often do when he makes headlines. I'm guessing our CA located counterparts don't find much humor in it since they are on the hook for this guys counterproductive nonsense.

By 2036 dont we expect to see at least 20% of road-going autos as stand alone electric/solar/plug in anyway, I mean if one had to venture a guess?

Quote: "Am I the only one that sees anything wrong..."

Nope. Gotcher back,Bud. We keep waiting for some Benny Franklin-type to appear, and ask: "When is somebody gonna wonder what we do with all those insanely toxic waste products, after they die?"

Gord halpus all if they attempt to dump them in the Oceans. Naw, nobody's THAT stupid, right? ??

Actually, feel free to suggest ANY PLACE where it would be safe to unload all that crap.

Rgds, WRIDR

Well, it was an executive order which can be reversed if they get a governor with half a brain. On second thought CA will never elect another governor with a brain. They are screwed.

If the federal government would eliminate all incentives for electric cars, that would make them have to stand on their own at least. Same thing with windmill generators. 75% of the cost of wind generated power is paid by the fed guv. As of 7 years ago, Florida Power & Light has built 10,000 megawatts of wind generators across the country and Canada because of the taxpayer help. Perhaps it will be self supporting one of these days. We can hope. Wind generators and solar power can never be used by itself because of the sun not shining on demand and the wind not blowing on demand. So, we have to have fossil fueled or nuclear fueled power plants for much of the base load and peaking power.

And soonish we will all be flying around in Gliders!

SMR video and Sabina goes on a rant lol

That rant was hysterical but the Nuclear core presentation was very cool. I've been trying to explain to people for years how much more efficient nuclear power really is and the fact that the overall emissions are very low.

BTW and electric car is not a 0 emissions vehicle. Just because the unit may produce 0 emissions by reference of only that unit you have to factor in where it gets the electricity to charge the unit. The electrical power plant which has its own emissions and it will also have to increase those emissions with the increase in demand for electrical output.

When I read this today I was like "WTF??" Then common sense took over, California will be broken off into the ocean or burnt to a crisp by then. So I did not read the article. Does it say they will not licence gas burning vehicles after that? Just go to Nevada and buy a car.

When I read this today I was like "WTF??" Then common sense took over, California will be broken off into the ocean or burnt to a crisp by then. So I did not read the article. Does it say they will not licence gas burning vehicles after that? Just go to Nevada and buy a car.

I believe it said that gasoline powered vehicles may not be sold new in CA after 2035... So even if you go out of state and buy one, can you bring it back to CA and license it, I'm not clear on that.

What I do have complete faith in is that whichever answer makes the least sense, that is the one that will be chosen. If it doesn't work, CA will throw more money and resources at it until it still doesn't work, and becomes another exorbitant expense that CA taxpayers will be responsible for, indefinitely. We'll know we're doing it right when passports are needed to cross the CA/USA border.

What I see happening is that the next we hear of this will be it's repeal in a few years, or legal proceedings against CA by the auto industry. I know I sound cynical (I am for sure) but this has brought me more amusement than anything else.

Truth guys, I think the gov is just overwhelmed these days with all that has transpired this year ! ?

See Patch, I think your pretty badass and I rarely disagree:beer: but...

I cant help but notice that so many leaders are not too overwhelmed to swiftly to double down on the same divisive opportunistic behaviors that dominate gov/leaders in the best of times. We shan't fail to use a perfectly good global crisis as cover, no sir. No doubt it's overwhelming for those at increased risk of infection, and those facing financial ruin. It's just not overwhelming enough to prompt those up high to start doing the right things.

I move that we simply consider the source of this farcical legislation and enjoy a good laugh. :rotfl:

See Patch, I think your pretty badass and I rarely disagree:beer: but...

I cant help but notice that so many leaders are not too overwhelmed to swiftly to double down on the same divisive opportunistic behaviors that dominate gov/leaders in the best of times. We shan't fail to use a perfectly good global crisis as cover, no sir. No doubt it's overwhelming for those at increased risk of infection, and those facing financial ruin. It's just not overwhelming enough to prompt those up high to start doing the right things.

I move that we simply consider the source of this farcical legislation and enjoy a good laugh.

Well thank you I think Casey :confused07:

There are so many ways to justify your above so yes I agree completely and yet most of us accept that there is global warming. I had a thread on this some years back here...

(a point of impact)

How many of us have lost sight of our 7-10 year old's only to find them within 15 minutes playing at the park or something that innocent? So how do we decide to react regardless of the relief of finding them safe and just innocent. I remember well how I used the opportunity to explain our concerns..

"see son there are some people that prey on little people/kids, like Hawks they swoop down to catch their prey, and is why we must always know where you are playing...." Now there was an unintended side effect to this example, we had very large trees by the house so you can imagine how the rest of the story goes for the following months lol

Looking back who among us actually believed the Paris Accord would last? Yet somehow the world leadership at the time believed they could sell it or shove it down our throats but, the people said no, period.

Who prophets from these radical initiatives? Why is it that politicians feel they can lecture us without the need for justification?

A priest trying to bring change to my wildness as a youte, (as yo'll know I wasn't mush of a reader back then) and so he spoke these words that I tripped over, went something like (thou shall be content..) hmm, then went on to explain the meaning, hmm, I grew more perplexed and finally said that makes no sense to me And I pointed to a poster he had pinned to the wall of MTL. lit up at night.... more BLABLA and back to my life I went.

My point is that we are being lectured to, expected to accept without challenge reason or logical debate and yet, we are the economic and tax base that bares the load of change (s) Sorry to the politicians but I remain resistant in the lack of facts as they relate to the causes.

We The People will not reverse Global Warming it is as it is a cyclical cycle of this planet extensively documented and recorded thru our geological planet history.

Well that doesn't read as tho I believe there is a problem or that it is in dire need of attention, right? Look, all of us cannot stop the cyclical cycles of forests burning, nor can we stop the ice fields from receding so, they should stop telling us it is our doing. Yes we can manage better, do more, try harder I am up for that but, don't waste our time with weak proposals that only serve to widen the divide on Global Warming while lining pockets.

Here's one: stop the FRAFRAFRACKING hold producers accountable not just for that poisoned water but for the cost of processing to replace the natural supplies that allowed that community to settle and grow.

All these VIP Climatologists flying conference to conference in their rush to get to nowhere, to lecture us on carbon footprints, well don't know about you guys but they would impress me more if they cannoned (well that's just ridicules Patch) Ya I know it is and I know why it is; so address the problem at the source - the jet engine..

OK I've gone on too long I know so just one more thing and it relates to us in Canada: I was completely embarrassed by the showing of Canadian parties leadership this week talking to us as tho we are all 5th graders. This country as in much of the world is in dire straights and that my friends lands squarely on our shoulders to correct. We need to Vote more and force change by qualifying what we accept as politicians and party leadership, my opinion.

Better Casey?

I am going to dig up a Sabine video around a live chat on the markers of Global Warming, for those that watch it pay close attention to Sabine's question on the vertical line, then how after the conversation takes on a different direction.. I think it was recorded in 17

SO what happened to talking about cars and engineering and trying to guess the future?

This is not political, It has been signed into law, like it or not, agree or disagree, it already happened.

My worry is that what happens in CA often starts to spread to other areas, and manufacturers often just make everything CA compliant so they do not have to make CA compliant products and the rest of the country products. So we all end up stuck with CA products good or bad. CA is to big of a market for any manufacturer to ignore.

I get overdosed on politics anytime I am so foolish as to turn on a radio or the TV.

SO what happened to talking about cars and engineering and trying to guess the future?

This is not political, It has been signed into law, like it or not, agree or disagree, it already happened.

My worry is that what happens in CA often starts to spread to other areas, and manufacturers often just make everything CA compliant so they do not have to make CA compliant products and the rest of the country products. So we all end up stuck with CA products good or bad. CA is to big of a market for any manufacturer to ignore.

I get overdosed on politics anytime I am so foolish as to turn on a radio or the TV.

Jeff I disagree with your summery of the conversation. The decision is a political hot potato and not just in CA..

The reasons given to us for the need to switch to electric cars is due to Global Warming. Cars are the problem they keep telling us. If we don't understand the behind the scenes then how do we participate in the conversation and so much less the solution. Otherwise we are back to being force fed in their assumption that we are to ignorant to ask or rebut the nonsense.

Fed up of politics yes we are all fed up of the relentless bombardment of sissy BS served to us like soup on paper plates but; every car MFG that did not leave our 2 countries was due to political influence before the decision was made to stay. Regardless of drive propulsion.

Now if you want to talk strictly on the what if's of electric propulsion well I for one would not even dare changing a fuse on one, as that would be more than

I would know about the reasons for it failing.

We are being pushed in this direction by the manufacturers too, maybe because of increasingly tighter cafe standards. Ford seems to be putting smaller and smaller engines in their vehicles. Chrysler is adding etorque to many of their vehicles. You see many more hybrids and electric vehicles every day. If you want a car with a big powerful V8 to carry you the next couple of decades, you better buy it soon and hang on to it. If I wanted to waste the money, I'd buy a new 485hp Dodge Charger to replace my 352hp Dodge Magnum before they disappear.