IGNORED

Postal System woes

djh3

So a fellow member was nice enough to order one of my relays. He is one of our fellows north of the boarder. So this happens 3 1/2 months ago. Today he informs me it finally arrived. Geez I sure want to trust my mail in ballot to this system. I did find out it made it to the Canadian side about the 15th of this month. So subtract what 2 weeks maybe, so the rest of the time getting from Fla to wherever to cross. Thanks to Darryl Peterson for being understanding with this mess.

I worked for the USPS for 12 years. The Postal Service does a darn fine job about 90% percent of the time in spite of the Managements best efforts to screw things up.

Stop and think about the shear volume of mail on daily basis. It's mind boggling.

The management statement was not a joke. I firmly believe that postal management actively tries to sabotage the system. I can't say why they are doing it, but in 12 years I never saw management make a good decision at any level. The law of averages says that even a bad manager would get something right once in a while.

As far as the USPS and the political situation, the Postal management and rank and file in general are Democrats to the death. The few conservative postal workers hide in the shadows and keep their mouths shut, or they raise hell for 12 years and walk away from the madness.

I noticed a huge slow down in packages going north of the border as soon as the Covid mess started, it was almost like they let it set to decomtaminate or something. Try shipping something to Australia, now that was painfully slow.

You are not wrong, but the slow down is once the item leaves the USPS hands.

I once had a package of competition shooting gear bound for South America(can't remember which country)leave our southern border and wind up in Budapest 2 months later. It did finally make it top it's destination, 6 months after I posted it.

I used to send 150-200 small packages a month. Over 7 years, I can count on one hand the number that were lost or damaged.

This is not to say there are not major problems in the USPS, but they are not wide spread. There are problem areas where mail gets stashed for weeks or months. There are individual post masters and managers that like to pad their numbers by shifting mail around and holding things back for various reasons that most have to do with the "Number De' jour" E.g., some bean counter picked a specific statistic to focus on so everything else is ignored, until that number meets his satisfaction. Then they pick another stat. and the other is forgotten.

Like I said, purposefully poor management.

Edited by luvmy40