IGNORED

Rain Gear

MonsterBiker

Went for a nearly 200 mile ride today and got rained on. My wife and I have these rain jackets: https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/tour-master-sentinel-le-rain-jacket

We are happy with the jackets, but struggling to get into the rain pants on the side of the road made us wonder if anybody makes rain pants that have zippers that go up the leg at least as far as the knee. That would greatly simplify and speed up the process, especially with boots on. Does anybody know if such unobtainium is made by anybody? You know how it goes (at least here in Florida) you see rain up ahead so you pull over to get geared up....by the time you get stuffed into the rain gear the rain has disappeared and the sun is back out baking you alive. Then you have to decide whether to take the rain gear back off....if you do, it will probably start raining again. :think:

We use Frogg Toggs, and don't find that problem with their new design.

As far as the rain thing goes,, around here that is a little different, we see what may be rain coming, we wait cause you never know,, when it does come we hurry into our rain gear, getting wet in the meantime. Then when we are all suited up and ready to ride, we take it all off again. The advantage is that we get to hand it all out when we get home.

Yeah, today it started raining but we were not really getting wet so we held off putting on the rain gear.....until I saw that we were about to enter a wall of water about 1/4 mile down the road. Stopped to put on the gear and by the time we got it all on the wall of water was gone. Stopped at a gas station and took off the rain gear, went down the block to the J&P Cycles store and it started raining again after we went about 100 yards. Took advantage of the cover and benches outside the store to put the gear back on....and by the time we got it on the rain had stopped again. Left the gear on and got rained on pretty good a couple of miles down the road. When the sun came back out we stopped and took the jackets off but left the rain pants on. And didn't see any more rain all the way home. Typical summer weather pattern here in Florida. If it is not raining hard you will get wetter with sweat under the gear than you would in the rain without any rain gear so using the rain gear is kinda like gambling.

I tried to find the rain pants I bought for us a couple years back. But no dice. Any who they have a velcro flap and a zipper all the way up the legs. I thought they wer like Nelson Rigg but didnt see them. I bought yellow, jackets are mainly yellow with some black and the britches are black with a wide yellow stripe up side. Not into black or blah rain gear. Its a low light situation and I want to be seen if possible. Yes the rain here in Fla is hit and miss and your 100% rite. Unless it is storming bad its a toss of the coin to gear up.

I tried to find the rain pants I bought for us a couple years back. But no dice. Any who they have a velcro flap and a zipper all the way up the legs. I thought they wer like Nelson Rigg but didnt see them. I bought yellow, jackets are mainly yellow with some black and the britches are black with a wide yellow stripe up side. Not into black or blah rain gear. Its a low light situation and I want to be seen if possible. Yes the rain here in Fla is hit and miss and your 100% rite. Unless it is storming bad its a toss of the coin to gear up.

That sounds like exactly what I am looking for. I will investigate that brand, thanks. If you follow the link I posted above for the jackets and select the Hi Viz option, that is what we have. I also have no desire to channel my inner Ninja while riding, I want to be visible.

If rain gear from motorcycle equipment manufacturers are letting you down; I'd give outdoor stores a try. I had a pair of rain pants from Sierra Designs that zipped all the way down the leg. Check out stores like REI, Campmor, Eastern mountain sports, or any others in your area.

My :2cents:

Went for a nearly 200 mile ride today and got rained on. My wife and I have these rain jackets: https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/tour-master-sentinel-le-rain-jacket

We are happy with the jackets, but struggling to get into the rain pants on the side of the road made us wonder if anybody makes rain pants that have zippers that go up the leg at least as far as the knee. That would greatly simplify and speed up the process, especially with boots on. Does anybody know if such unobtainium is made by anybody? You know how it goes (at least here in Florida) you see rain up ahead so you pull over to get geared up....by the time you get stuffed into the rain gear the rain has disappeared and the sun is back out baking you alive. Then you have to decide whether to take the rain gear back off....if you do, it will probably start raining again. :think:

I have a lot of rain gear and the name for what you are looking for is Overpants. Since you are a cyclegear customer see this link. https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/spidi-superstorm-h2out-pants

Unless you are 14 years old, when standing beside your bike and the rain is coming down, you need raingear pants that zip up to the waist to get in without falling over.

IMPORTANT - bring an umbrella. That way you can take your time, Help your bride into her pants first like an old school gentlemen and then get into your own. Also, I have found several times in route and around Sturgis that a downpour is localized and fast moving. Instead of getting all geared up and then 5 minutes later stopping to take it all off, just pull over and hug your honey under the umbrella for a few minutes and then ride on. Obviously get a GOOD compact umbrella that won't invert in the wind.

VentureFar...