IGNORED

CAR AUCTION NOW!! Just got in from our birthday run to California and

cowpuc

Stopped here in Wisconsin just west of Oshkosh to look at a Vette they had out front.. Come to find out, the place is an auction house that holds 2 classic car auctions a year and one of those auctions is happening right now, this includes the C2 Vette we initially looked at on Thursday!! ENJOY!!

https://www.wyoderauction.com/webcast/223155/1/649---fall-cars-and-automobilia-9-19-2020/

Stopped here in Wisconsin just west of Oshkosh to look at a Vette they had out front.. Come to find out, the place is an auction house that holds 2 classic car auctions a year and one of those auctions is happening right now, this includes the C2 Vette we initially looked at on Thursday!! ENJOY!!

https://www.wyoderauction.com/webcast/223155/1/649---fall-cars-and-automobilia-9-19-2020/

It is sacrilegious to let an old Vette gather dust and remain forgotten like that one. Some nice wheels though. One can still dream!

It is sacrilegious to let an old Vette gather dust and remain forgotten like that one. Some nice wheels though. One can still dream!

Got that right Son-shine:thumbsup:!! Should have watched your Mom smile as I whispered sweet nothings in that precious mid year icon's engine bay:missingtooth:.. Poor thing:95:!!

I get a chance I will post up some of our frolic video's of the fun but till then, take it from your ol' Dad,, the fun we had was something to behold:photographing:!!!

It would have been fun bringing that 63 vette back to life. Maybe the dust would blow off a little. Wonder what made it sit. the red one sold for about the same price

:95:

Soooo true Rod,, sooooo true,,, it would take someone in a lot better shape than that of myself to accomplish that task but I do 100% agree with you,, THAT would have been a really fun project :thumbsup:!!

As you know,, my Vette dreams are all about bucketlisting.. That is why the "finished" red 65 caused Trooper to delay the forward motion of getting us home from Sacramento.. In spite of turning up some interesting facts about the red 65 (more on that in a sec) I did watch it go thru the bidding process and it did in fact not meet reserve at the top bid of 39000..

I am sure you remember what a quick VIN checked turned up on the 67 I was looking at (still not quite done with that one yet,, gotta yak with the consigner cause the phone number I got on the seller was not correct)? Well check this out,, go here and scroll thru the pics of the red 65: https://www.wyoderauction.com/lot/73508667/1965-chevrolet-corvette-sting-ray

You will find a shot of it's VIN and find that number to be 194675s100762.. Now google that VIN and see what you find.. I about spit out the 2 stroke oil I was sipping on when I found what I found cause it all did not quite jive with what the current owner told the auction house owner and myself as we spoke to him on the phone in Wisconsin!!

Look carefully at the red car and the green one that pops up here; http://classiccarsmarks.com/chevrolet/392724-chevrolet-corvette-1965.html by researching that VIN,, that was DEFINITELY more than a fresh paint job that turned it red :missingtooth::big-grin-emoticon:

Seems the value of these old mid year Vette's, probably driven by bucklisters like myself, has produced all kinds of opportunity for :mo money:to be made :thumbsup2:..Thankfully the longggg arm of internet research has got to be cutting into the :mo money:being made by appraisers when a simpletons such as myself can simply type in a VIN and discover all kinds of hidden little secrets :hihi: cause you/I could easily go broke just paying out our bucklist money to appraisers :bang head: