IGNORED

85 Honda V 65 Magna

slowrollwv

david silver spares. honda crusin image.net in japan. takes about 6 weeks to get parts. but you save a lot. might try cycle parts warehouse 866/926/2427

there is a good recycler in ohio you have to email Brenda. but cant remember co name. well remembered it its Brenda from bikeboneyard. I have bought quite a few parts there there no contact other than net

Edited by rbig1

david silver spares. honda crusin image.net in japan. takes about 6 weeks to get parts. but you save a lot. might try cycle parts warehouse 866/926/2427

there is a good recycler in ohio you have to email Brenda. but cant remember co name. well remembered it its Brenda from bikeboneyard. I have bought quite a few parts there there no contact other than net

Pinwall?https://pinwallcycle.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=honda

I've always used semi-metallic brake pads on all my autos, etc. because they provide good braking friction for stopping quickly. But, my 2005 Dodge Magnum with the Hemi engine came with ceramic pads. The car has great braking power because it has large brake rotors. Anyway, I changed the pads recently at 113,000 miles and they would have lasted another 10,000 at least. And the rotors had a mirror finish with no grooves at all. So, I am sold on ceramic brake pads now. They don't appear to destroy the rotors. They last a long time and still provide great braking friction. Might be worth trying to help our old bikes expensive maybe unobtainable rotors to last longer. By the way, I bought Akeboni pads for it and I like them because they provide great stopping power and great modulation. :2cents:

Back in the late 80's, I decided to buy a motorcycle and start riding again and there was a used 85 Magna 65 at the Honda dealer that I really wanted. Prior to that, I had test ridden an 83 Magna 65 and found out how smooth and powerful they were. But, I couldn't rationalize spending the money that they wanted. I think it was $2200. Instead, I bought an 83 Yamaha 750 Virago for $700 that I never really liked because of the underpowered vibrating Vtwin. Sold it and bought an 81 Honda CB900C 4 cylinder that was smooth and powerful.

Edited by BlueSky

I know this is off thread but when I was stationed in Jacksonville NC in the MC I purchased a brand new in the crate 1985 V65 Sabre and I miss it to this day even though they had there quirks.

Funny story about the one my son has. He bought it from a close friend a few years ago and road it for a long time then sold it to a friend that lived behind us. He then sold it to someone else and they could not get it running. So they sold it to another guy, well this guy needed some body work done on a pick up truck and gave my son the bike for doing the work. My son took the bike not knowing that it was his old bike till he seen the title that was still in his name. So when he got it back and we were trying to get it started we found that someone had changed the fuel line and had a kink in it. Fixed that and it ran great.