IGNORED

Spammers, Spammers, Spammers

Freebird

I agree with you. Don't think that most people would choose an IP address based in China. I have no doubt that the spammers who sign up here with Chinese IP addresses are actually located in China.

Of that I have zero doubt.

I understand VPNs are frowned upon in China, maybe that is why they are coming at you with unmasked Chinese IPs.

Of that I have zero doubt.

I understand VPNs are frowned upon in China, maybe that is why they are coming at you with unmasked Chinese IPs.

VPN's for stealth browsing are definitely not allowed in China. VPNs in general are not allowed unless it is solely in country traffic or traffic that has been authorized for in country companies / government agencies and all 'permissions' are aquired. I.e. you have to let the government watch. I worked for a company about 15 years ago that was opening a Shanghai office. Couldn't get a phone line installed there for some reason although we had internet. I sent over a Vonage setup and we used that for about 6 months before the Chinese government shut it down and threatened us. They did get a regular line installed a week or 2 later though. It was fun calling Shanghai using a 216 area code LOL.