IGNORED

Clearview Windshield

Installed a Clearview windshield on the bike, medium which is 21" tall, recurve, tinted grey. I like it so far. Only put about 90 miles on the bike with it on so it is still new. Have not tested it with a passenger yet.

My main reason for this post is to let everyone know to check the screws holding the windshield on for tightness. They seemed awful loose when I went to take them off. I have 12k miles on the bike and have not checked them before.

Installed a Clearview windshield on the bike, medium which is 21" tall, recurve, tinted grey. I like it so far. Only put about 90 miles on the bike with it on so it is still new. Have not tested it with a passenger yet.

My main reason for this post is to let everyone know to check the screws holding the windshield on for tightness. They seemed awful loose when I went to take them off. I have 12k miles on the bike and have not checked them before.

With my Clearview....I believe they are slightly thicker than the OEM. Even with the OEM the screws tend to loosen. What I have done is go to a slightly longer screw. Seems to stay tighter and not loosen.

With my Clearview....I believe they are slightly thicker than the OEM. Even with the OEM the screws tend to loosen. What I have done is go to a slightly longer screw. Seems to stay tighter and not loosen.

I had some foam that I added, hoping it will act as a lockwasher in the it will provide outward pressure on the screws to prevent them from coming loose. But will also check them periodically. The length of the screws did not seem to be a problem. I will be ordering spares though.

I put neoprene washers and a dab of blue silicone on the threads to help lock them in place. Do not use loctite around plastic, it will degrade the material. But a dab of silicone puts just enough tension on the threads to keep them pretty tight for this non-structural use.

I didn't know about the loctite issue and about 6 months later my shortie shield literally came flying off my bike and into my lap on the freeway. It was a strange experience seeing my shield wiggling and then rising. I thought it was possessed. Luckily I wasn't splitting lanes at the time. I grabbed it and pulled over. that is when I saw very screw hole was broken open.

Learned that lesson the hard way!

VentureFar...