IGNORED

motorcycle acts as if it is not getting gas

Sounds like the filter to me. O'Reilly sells a nice one that is clear glass. I also had a bad gas line, got pinched and starved the process. I replaced with a flexible one, made my problem worse, it would collapse under hard acceleration. I finally found the right combo and 'knock on wood', been good for a few years.

Fuel filter or pump. If you don't hear clicking when you turn the key on it is the pump. If it clicks when you start the bike but while riding under load it is "starving" for fuel or the engine cuts out then it could still be your fuel pump.

For pump - one "fix" is to replace the points. Other is to replace.

For filter, there is a write-up in the read only section. It is in an awkward location.

Would you tell us a little more about exactly what it's doing? Does it idle ok? Does it cut out when throttle is applied? I would put a bottle of seafoam or gumout with PEA in the gas to begin with. If it's cutting out when revving, a carb diaphragm might be ruptured? Fuel pump points failing seems to be a Gen 2 issue. Just wagging here. Fuel tank vent?