IGNORED

No debate needed ... but what rear tire are you happy with?

My 2 favorites were the Michelin Commander 2 and the Shinko. When I turned a lot of miles in a year the MC was the tire for me to use. The Shinko while milage is a bit less, well OK for me was about 6k less but priced right.

Yo! How many miles did you get in your nexen?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

I’m up around 20k on it, hard miles, two up, and lots of miles pulling a trailer. It’s not worn out but I don’t let my tires get anywhere near slick. I was in the tire shop last week getting both Jeeps re-shoed and went ahead and ordered it while I was there. At $60 I don’t mind throwing away a few thousand miles knowing I’ve always got good rubber under me.

I’m up around 20k on it, hard miles, two up, and lots of miles pulling a trailer. It’s not worn out but I don’t let my tires get anywhere near slick. I was in the tire shop last week getting both Jeeps re-shoed and went ahead and ordered it while I was there. At $60 I don’t mind throwing away a few thousand miles knowing I’ve always got good rubber under me.
Freeking awesome! Salute! [emoji41]

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

If you are a liking to be able to spoon on your own tires kinda lop eared varmint,, Shinko all the way.. If you are an I will trust the tow truck for my roadside assistance and let the dealership do my tire work kinda of lop eared varmint,, Dunny E-4 dual compound all the way... :thumbsup:

If you change your own tires shinko 777HD is the way to go. I previously used commander II tires and liked them. This year after reading post on here about the shinko 777HD I decided to give them a try since I change my own tires. They have the best grip of any tire that I have tried on my bike. I just changed out my rear tire after 8,000 miles, and the front should last through two rears. I was getting between 15,000 and 16,000 miles on the commander II's, so it really all comes down to what you are looking for.

Ron

If you change your own tires shinko 777HD is the way to go. I previously used commander II tires and liked them. This year after reading post on here about the shinko 777HD I decided to give them a try since I change my own tires. They have the best grip of any tire that I have tried on my bike. I just changed out my rear tire after 8,000 miles, and the front should last through two rears. I was getting between 15,000 and 16,000 miles on the commander II's, so it really all comes down to what you are looking for.

Ron

I agree and can attest to Shinko 777HD tires having good quality and rider satisfaction and has the best price compared to the big three tire manufacturers. Having a little over 10K miles on my Shinkos with a lot of tread still left proves to me that this tire is a keeper.

Dunlop E3 was okay - E4 is way to hard in the center great for the straight lines in Texas but in the wet coming out of the corner under power it wants to step out.

Metzler 880 was the best all round for me so far I run them up to 20,000 pull them off and go again, most of my rides are 3000 miles and up so I don't take chances on tires or brakes.

John

• 1 month later...

I've been run Kenda Kruz tires for the last 7 or 8 years on both my Venture and Gold Wing. I'm at 10,000 miles now and at the point where the rears could use replacing. The handling is great and they're not bothered by metal grate bridges or those darn tar snakes. Back when I was running Dunlops I darn near wrecked on those snakes on a warm day.

• Thanks 1

Long mileage= Michelin Commander 2 Cost effective= shinko I got better than 15k out the Michelin and around 5200 out of the shinko. If memory serves rite. Did not care for the Dunlap, it got notchy edges and sounded funny and the wet grip (when you could find it) was not good for me.