IGNORED

How to move the trunk back on 2018 Star Venture

IMG_0103.jpgIMG_0098.jpgIMG_0092.JPGIMG_0090.jpgOnce I put a driver's backrest on my 2018 Star Venture my wife had no room on the passenger seat. I fabricated brackets to move the seat back 3". Kuryakyn makes filler pads that are made for the Indian to fill the gap after moving the Indian trunk back. They work perfect for the Venture. You will need two pads stacked on top of each other and siliconed together. ($26 each)I hollowed out the bottom pad about an inch to allow the wiring to have some slack. The holes in the bracket are 2.5" above the original holes and 3" to the rear of bracket. The bracket is aprox. 11"x4" and made of 1/4" aluminum plate. It has been spray painted a satin black. (Pics attached) I also added Corbin seats because the stock seats were very uncomfortable on long rides. (optional)

My wife and I are extremely pleased on how the project turned out. I also raised her footboards up 1" due to her legs hitting the saddlebags. I used the aluminum plate to make 1" tabs. I have included pictures and will be glad to answer any questions. I was about to sell the bike after only a month until I came up with this solution.

Edited by Kent

Having problems uploading pictures from computer. It says upload has failed. Any suggestions?

Freebird ,, I too have been having issues uploading pics.. The last set that I uploaded (think it was yesterday) I had to keep trying to upload them one at a time to finally get them to upload.. This was definitely not a pic size issue as there size was 640x400.. Don, maybe try to upload some pics and see if you have issues.. Kent ,, in the past it has been very common for picture size to be the main issue for pics not uploading.. Below is was I down size my pics to make them fit the club format that has always worked.. I might suggest either taking a view of my little vid here or just make sure your pics are below 1000 pixels on the high side.. If you already have done this and are still having issues please note my note to Don above.. The issue I am talking about above is something that has just started recently.. I am still able to upload pics but find I must do them one at a time (not in mulitples) and have to attempt uploading a few times to get them to go.. Hope this helps..

Puc

• 3 weeks later...
How do you like the Corbin seat? I too dont think the stock seats are very comfortable and looking for an option. Corbin are about $1500 so I really want to make sure this seat is comfortable before I invest in it.

We have been very happy with the Corbin seats. They are not as soft as my 2007 Venture pillowtop seats but are comfortable on a long ride. The stock seats were flat and hard. My tailbone was killing me after only a hour of riding. My wife's comfort wasn't much better. We went down to the Corbin store in Daytona Beach and they put one on for a test ride. They conformed/shaped to your butt better and are larger in size. They are firm but not hard. You have one year to have it reworked for shape and softness for free but no money back guarantee. They say it takes about 4000 miles to break in. If I had to do it again, I would buy them.