IGNORED

2018 STV cruise control doesn't always turn on

I have a brand new (as of November 2019) Star Venture. The cruise control used to always work but in the last couple of months it will not turn on sometimes. The dummy light on the dash board flashes and it won't set. It is not related to using Nav. Has anyone had this issue and figured it out?

I have a brand new (as of November 2019) Star Venture. The cruise control used to always work but in the last couple of months it will not turn on sometimes. The dummy light on the dash board flashes and it won't set. It is not related to using Nav. Has anyone had this issue and figured it out?

it’s a problem with the front brake switch. There’s one screw holding it on and when you remove you’ll see the opening in the back. You want to spray electrical contact cleaner in there and work it back and forth. and yes there’s tons of info on the Facebook page. Actually there’s like 1000 times more info than this forum. This forum is pretty much dead when it comes to this newer model. While it’s a good place to find info for older ventures it’s lacking for the 3rd generation.

good luck.

it’s a problem with the front brake switch. There’s one screw holding it on and when you remove you’ll see the opening in the back. You want to spray electrical contact cleaner in there and work it back and forth. and yes there’s tons of info on the Facebook page. Actually there’s like 1000 times more info than this forum. This forum is pretty much dead when it comes to this newer model. While it’s a good place to find info for older ventures it’s lacking for the 3rd generation.

good luck.

Thank you! I will check it out.

• Like 1

Randy T. Thanks for the FB page reference. You're right. There is all kinds of good info on there about the cruise control and the faulty or dirt in the front brake switch. I ordered electronic cleaner to see if I have success with that like the others have said.

• 5 months later...