IGNORED

Help- got the Cruz tools kit and going to change plugs with it.

VentureFar

I just got in for @cowpuc and everyone’s reading pleasure, the Cruz tools road tech M3 tool kit to review. Since it is supposed to be an on the road tool kit with spark plug tools I figured that changing plugs on my venture would be a good review test. But I don’t know the part number of the iridium plugs for my 2007 royal star venture.

Someone please advise.

Thanks.

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like Tweeks,,, that iconic RSV of yours big sister, OEM spec on the plugs is NGK DPR8EA-9 but that is not the Iridium NGK my brother.. The perfect Iridium crossover for that Mom Yam OEM standard NGK plug is NGK DPR8EIX-9 and that is iridium.. My brother,, some of us - myself included would also be interested in your take on running iridiums in your upcoming review too if your in the mood for taking requests.. It is standard procedure for me to toss in a new set of inexpensive plugs at 10 or 15K miles and drop a sync into the mix in so doing.. I know the more expensive iridiums are suppose to stretch that out to 50 to 100k miles.. One of the issues I always held with that had to do with plugs getting hard to remove and I like to keep an eye on plug colors when I swap em out too.. I would LOVE to hear your take of such in a review and see what your thoughts are of such.. Also cannot wait to read another of your most excellent reviews on the tool kit!! Lord knows anyone who would "venture" a cross country adVenture without a healthy tool bag filled with tricks is a better man than I.. IMHO, while it has become customary for manufacturers to no longer even include a tool kit and the same for modern riders to ride off on a 3 month cross country tour with nothing more that a warranty card/credit card in their possession,, I am still one of those old school bone heads who are still convinced that my own skills in wrenching and the tools I carry are actually the better choice to depend on for getting home as I really hate to stand around in the desert sun while I wait for a few hours for some kids with a tow truck to come and get me.. I therefore, and whole heartedly anticipate your input on both tool kit and plugs my brother!!

By the way,,, my local AutoZone shows those NGK DPR8EIX-9 iridiums available at 8.99 each

Puc

P.S. - YOU are more than welcome,, always!!

Edited by cowpuc

Something I bet they didn't include in that kit is a spark plug removal tube... It's about a foot long piece of gas line. Once the plug is broken loose jamb one end over the top of the plug to unscrew it the rest of the way out...or in... Saves a few knuckles trying to do it by hand.. How's that for Old School Puc??? :backinmyday:

Something I bet they didn't include in that kit is a spark plug removal tube... It's about a foot long piece of gas line. Once the plug is broken loose jamb one end over the top of the plug to unscrew it the rest of the way out...or in... Saves a few knuckles trying to do it by hand.. How's that for Old School Puc??? :backinmyday:

There is no school cool like the old school cool brother!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: