IGNORED

Red 2000 Venture at Sturgis 2020

RandyR

LOL I find it funny those of us that chose to ride something else can pick them out in a huge crowded deal like this. I saw a news clip the other night and they were going on about one of the largest gathering of HD motorcycles. Shows a clip of folks riding some twisties and a Nuclear Sunset (orange) and Antifreeze green Vics go sporting by. The angular design still stands out in a crowd. When we are traveling I can almost always pick out a RSV.

LOL I find it funny those of us that chose to ride something else can pick them out in a huge crowded deal like this. I saw a news clip the other night and they were going on about one of the largest gathering of HD motorcycles. Shows a clip of folks riding some twisties and a Nuclear Sunset (orange) and Antifreeze green Vics go sporting by. The angular design still stands out in a crowd. When we are traveling I can almost always pick out a RSV.

HDs are common around here to the point of monotony. It's like looking at a parking lot full of SUVs and minivans. The cool part of that is that something different can pop to the surface.

I think by the 90th, bike diversity will be way up and the overall numbers will be way down. I'm not sure what that means for us Venture riders other than we shall see each other more easily and be able to erase our chicken strips in the hills. That is not currently easy during rally week!

If this is your first time in the hills watch out for hooved rats (deer)!! Be safe and enjoy!

PS, 250k riders is considerably smaller than a couple previous rallys back when HD had the younger demographic too. I know we got close to a cool mil at least a couple times.

Edited by CaseyJ955

I still have trouble picking an RSV out of a crowd. They just don't stand out that much different then any other baggers out there. The one thing that does catch my attention are the eyebrows. If it weren't for the fact that they panned a full broadside of one parked on the street in Sturgis I probably would have missed it too. Check out 2:26 on the video... No doubt about that one... :photographing: