IGNORED

My turn

6pak

:soapbox:Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later, especially the way this driveway is (thats my story and I'm stickin to it). You can see from the pics why I left the thing lay until I got home from work. I dropped it on the way to work last night. Said the ---- with it and got in the car. With where it was laying there was no way that the "walk it up" pick up theory was gonna work.

It took my brother and I on the bike, and Nancy shoving a chock block behind the back tire, as the hill is steep enough that the thing will roll even in gear.

Minor cosmetic damage. The thing layed there all night, cranked right up, and didn't even complain.

The only thing I can think of is that 1-I didn't warm it up enough and 2-the hill was pretty slick from the rain and 3-:sign02: Hey, I know know that the emergency kill works when the thing goes down.

:soapbox:Well, I knew it would happen sooner or later, especially the way this driveway is (thats my story and I'm stickin to it). You can see from the pics why I left the thing lay until I got home from work. I dropped it on the way to work last night. Said the ---- with it and got in the car. With where it was laying there was no way that the "walk it up" pick up theory was gonna work.

It took my brother and I on the bike, and Nancy shoving a chock block behind the back tire, as the hill is steep enough that the thing will roll even in gear.

Minor cosmetic damage. The thing layed there all night, cranked right up, and didn't even complain.

The only thing I can think of is that 1-I didn't warm it up enough and 2-the hill was pretty slick from the rain and 3-:sign02: Hey, I know know that the emergency kill works when the thing goes down.

joe, look at the bright side!

you walked away with a little mud on you,nothing seriously injured., and your "

center stand" had a chance to get a good tan!

lol

welcome to the "OOPS" CLUB. those suckers ARE HEAVY,when in the prone position!!!!!!!!!!

just jt

I thought someone was finally burying their 1st gen and whomever was standing in the pic, was saying a prayer for the bike RIP.

:rotf::rotf:

I don't think thats funny George!!

Welcome to the club trucker6pak and glad to see it wasn't any worse.

Arthur

• 2 weeks later...
there was no way that the "walk it up" pick up theory was gonna work.

I must learn what this "walk it up" theory is! I dropped my RSV in a very similar situation. I was coming out of a parking lot (with my wife on the back no less) the driveway was up hill, banked to the right for a right hand turn and I was turning left. I stopped at the top of the driveway and RSV started to fall to the right. The ground was eroded away on the right and there was no place to plant my foot. Down we went - fortunately on grass. It took three of us to stand the sucker back up. So - what is this "walk it up"?? Teach me wise one!

Stand on the down side of the bike and grab the handle bar and pull it as close to the tank as you can get it. Grab the passenger rails or something else sturdy with the other hand. Put your butt on the down side of the seat and walk it back up.

If the bike is on it's right side (sitting on the bike) make sure you put the kickstand down first or you'll be practicing the "walk it up" technique from the left side as soon as your finished walking it up from the right hand side.

So THAT's what mine looks like from the bottom! :)

Sorry about the spill, glad you weren't hurt and the bike is OK.

I have laid mine over twice since buying it a few months ago. First time was in the garage when I was showing it to my son. Went to put it on the side stand and didn't have it all the way forward or in gear (two good habits to get into) and it just rolled forward and over. No damage.

Second time was earlier this week taking my wife with me to lunch. Went to take off and the bike hiccuped and lurched to a stop and I couldn't catch it with the passenger. It laid over easy, and I was able to step off, but the wife was trying not to get in my way and was still on the seat, but just slid off, I grabbed her and eased here way to the ground.

I did the pick-up by grabbing it from the side like recommeded, and with a lot of grunting got it back up. No damage. We got back on and had a great ride to lunch, gotta get back on the horse (bike)!

Don