IGNORED

What is your everyday cc firearm

DragonRider

Lewis,

I have had a S&W 36 Chief blued (.38spl) 5 shot revolver for many years as my ccw, but found I was uncomfortable wearing it with summer clothes. I bought a Ruger LCP II a couple of months ago and found it to be better to carry in lightweight clothes (usually shorts and not much else). I wanted to get the LCP II in .380 acp but it was sold out in the local stores, so I got the LCP II in 22lr and ordered another in .380 when they become available again. Its quite comfortable in lightweight shorts. Whether a .22lr is adequate for ccw is a whole other discussion. The ballistic tests for purpose made .22lr ccw ammo lead me to believe it is adequate, although not the best. In any case, I am waiting to get the LCP II in .380acp.

Lewis,

I have had a S&W 36 Chief blued (.38spl) 5 shot revolver for many years as my ccw, but found I was uncomfortable wearing it with summer clothes. I bought a Ruger LCP II a couple of months ago and found it to be better to carry in lightweight clothes (usually shorts and not much else). I wanted to get the LCP II in .380 acp but it was sold out in the local stores, so I got the LCP II in 22lr and ordered another in .380 when they become available again. Its quite comfortable in lightweight shorts. Whether a .22lr is adequate for ccw is a whole other discussion. The ballistic tests for purpose made .22lr ccw ammo lead me to believe it is adequate, although not the best. In any case, I am waiting to get the LCP II in .380acp.

You won't be disapointed with the LCP II in .380. It's ten times the pistola that the original LCP was. I had one for a few months and shot it a good bit before trading it for a 9mm Pittbull revolver.

Lewis,

I bought a Ruger LCP II a couple of months ago and found it to be better to carry in lightweight clothes (usually shorts and not much else). I wanted to get the LCP II in .380 acp but it was sold out in the local stores, so I got the LCP II in 22lr and ordered another in .380 when they become available again. Its quite comfortable in lightweight shorts. Whether a .22lr is adequate for ccw is a whole other discussion. The ballistic tests for purpose made .22lr ccw ammo lead me to believe it is adequate, although not the best. In any case, I am waiting to get the LCP II in .380acp.

I was caring a M&P .40 for a while. Came across a young guy at work unloading a LC9s that's only a 6+1 9mm. For the price, I couldn't pass it up and it slowly has become my EDC because it is so tuck-able under a t-shirt and short.

Just before this purchase I was at the range playing with the LCP II .380 and the Bodyguard .380 looking for a small glove-box pistol. Both shot very nice but obviously the Bodyguard felt more familiar like my M&P. After the LC9s purchase I'm glad I made the switch to the Ruger.

The catch here is the everyday carry. I don't carry, but if I had to, two would come out the safe... OK bedstand... :-) My S&W 5904 9 mm/14 rnd... and if I really wanted to get sneaky I'd pack my S&W 60-14 rnd butt 3" snub in 357/38 5 shot w/a Crimson Trace grip.

I was caring a M&P .40 for a while. Came across a young guy at work unloading a LC9s that's only a 6+1 9mm. For the price, I couldn't pass it up and it slowly has become my EDC because it is so tuck-able under a t-shirt and short.

Just before this purchase I was at the range playing with the LCP II .380 and the Bodyguard .380 looking for a small glove-box pistol. Both shot very nice but obviously the Bodyguard felt more familiar like my M&P. After the LC9s purchase I'm glad I made the switch to the Ruger.

Since I decided to try a semi-auto pistol for my ccw, I wanted to give Ruger the first try if they had a good pistol, and I read nothing but good reports about the LCP-II. I would have prefered a 9mm luger chambered pistol, but decided to give .380acp a try.

Full size 1911 in 45 acp!!
EC

I am with you 100% EC but since my 45 shooter is the 5 inch GI which I find a little bulky for a CCW,, I would probably just default to my drum fed AR12 12 gauge and take advantage of Michigans open carry laws. :big-grin-emoticon:

DSCN7981.JPGDSCN0047.JPG

EC

I am with you 100% EC but since my 45 shooter is the 5 inch GI which I find a little bulky for a CCW,, I would probably just default to my drum fed AR12 12 gauge and take advantage of Michigans open carry laws. :big-grin-emoticon:

That thing looks bad ass... Imagine what it would be like to pull the trigger and the interrupt sear broke... FULL AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Used to be a Colt 1911 Officers .45 ACP, but now a S&W 629 3" .44 magnum.

:farmer:

ROCK N ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup:

I LOVED my 29!!! It was a 6 inch and WOWZY WOW WOW WOW was it accurate!! I used it for hunting deer and did very well with it (have harvested with my 1911 too).. It was also during a time when I was loading and ended up stretching the strap above the cylinder out so bad that I had 14 thou of slop in the cylinder so it went bye bye to a gun smith.. My Dad shot the 629 stainless like yours Sly but also in 6 inch.. I should have gone stainless too (fine weapon) as I would probably still be shooting it BUT I loved Harry's "go ahead punk,, make my day" shooter and loved carrying that great big bad to the bone blued machine!!!

For CCW it has to be my Ruger LCP in .380. For open carry it is usually my all Titanium Taurus .357 MAG, 7 shot (just in case someone was counting up to 6) revolver. In certain circumstances I used to carry my Desert Eagle in 50AE. There are a bunch of deer that did not like that Desert Eagle.

For me it depends on my mood and/or how I am dressed. Most of the time I carry my M&P Shield9 with the factory 7 round magazine that has been modified with the Strike Industries EMP+2 magazine extension. This gives me 9+1 rounds of 9MM in what is still a very compact package.

Shield Compressed.jpg

Sometimes I opt for my S&W 686 Plus .357 Magnum with the 3" barrel.

686 Compressed.jpg

I always carry a couple of spare magazines for the Shield and one speed loader and a couple of speed strips for the revolver. Why? Just because I can.

I don't C&C but I do have a permit.

Today I bought a Taurus TX22 for plinking. One heck of a lot cheaper to shoot than a 9mm.

I do like my Glock 17 with a 17 shot clip for my home protection.

With 17 shots I think I can get lucky at least a couple of times.

I think I will be looking for some accessories for the Taurus, like a holster and laser (if I get real crazy).

Gotta love the 2nd amendment. Thank you founding fathers.

ROCK N ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup:

I LOVED my 29!!! It was a 6 inch and WOWZY WOW WOW WOW was it accurate!! I used it for hunting deer and did very well with it (have harvested with my 1911 too).. It was also during a time when I was loading and ended up stretching the strap above the cylinder out so bad that I had 14 thou of slop in the cylinder so it went bye bye to a gun smith.. My Dad shot the 629 stainless like yours Sly but also in 6 inch.. I should have gone stainless too (fine weapon) as I would probably still be shooting it BUT I loved Harry's "go ahead punk,, make my day" shooter and loved carrying that great big bad to the bone blued machine!!!

Well Puc mine is not a S&W but I like my Ruger Super Redhawk in 44 mag with scope in stainless the wife got me for our 10th. anniversary. My ccw is on the way and am looking at either a Ruger SR40C or a 45.

I got the Ruger LCP 1 for ccw because the Ruger 9mm was hard to conceal and heavy. Trina wants one like I have but I am thinking maybe an LCP2 so I can compare them.

Not sure what your budget is, but a year and a half ago I bought my wife a Kimber Micro 9 because she wanted something easier to conceal than her M&P Shield 9. The Kimber has been a fantastic success, very compact, very easy to conceal and shoots very well.

Micro9.jpg

For a size comparison here is her Micro 9 with a 7 round extended magazine sitting on top of my Shield 9. There are also 6 round flush magazines and 8 round extended magazines available for it.

Kimber Shield Size Comparison.jpg