IGNORED

What bikes are on your 'LIST'?

SilveradoCA

My first motorcycle was a Honda - Z50, vintage unknown, but I was 5 years old and it was 1981.

In spite of that, I have always liked Yamaha bikes the best, to the point that there are very few marques, common or exotic, which can turn my head like a Yamaha can. (I would part with some hard-won shekels for the right Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Ducati or HD if the stars aligned though.)

My first street bike was a 1991 Yamaha YX600 Radian, bought brand new, on layaway over nearly a full year, from the neighbourhood motorcycle shop. In those heady days of youth, after months of drooling over the masthead magazine buyer's guides until they were ragged, what I really wanted was an FZR600, or a maybe a Virago 1100, both of which were wildly out of my price range as a kid washing dishes and slinging pizzas in a restaurant kitchen. Hell, I even had to buy my helmet on layaway! (That was an Arai Quantum with Mick Doohan's signature livery, and it was awesome). I'll save the tale of family civil war over this purchase for another thread, but for now, suffice it to say that when your father forbids you from something, and you tell him it's clearly his fault you've done it, you will learn the meaning of apoplexy, regardless of it's attendence in your vocabulary.

I owned that motorcycle twice as a matter of fact, and very nearly three times. We rode all over Alberta and BC together, but in '98 I bought a Honda VTR1000, and just wasn't riding her any more, so sold her to the father of a casual girlfriend from school. Then in '01 Yamaha lured me again, and I rode home on a brand new Road Star. Certainly a change of pace, and I loved that bike too. Harvey had by that time knocked the rust off his riding skills, and was ready for something bigger, so I bought the Radian back from him at a fair price. I rode it occasionally for another season, then sold her to a stranger when I was liquidating to move to another city. About 3 weeks ago a '91 Radian in the same colour showed up on the local online classifieds. It had a scar on the tachometer housing, lower engine case and left muffler. Just about exactly the kind of damage you'd create when you low-side the bike because some vacuous bouffant cuts a California lane change across your bow because she forgot to get smokes, right in front of the Esso station at Crowchild Trail and 5th Avenue. I'm currently keeping my powder dry for other purposes, but it was a hard choice not to have her back for old time's sake. (This is where my Yogi and Jedi training remind me to eschew attachments, and it's well.)

OK, OK, on to the point of the thread. There are a number of bikes that I fully intend to own at some point, to satisfy the urge to ride them and see if they are what I think them to be. This of course will occur during a serendipitous intersection of funds and opportunity. This spring, several of these bikes have been available; some were out of budget, and others were seen and gone so fast from the classifieds that I invented a few new curse words, let me tell 'ya friends. A few examples:

1999 Virago 1100. This was the last year for the Virago, and the Special Edition treatment decked them out in a black & chrome tuxedo, with sexy wire spoked rims to boot. One of the nicest factory chopper style bikes ever made, in my opinion. I missed out on not 2 but 3 of these this spring, all of which I would have bought within a week (next payday sort of deal) but didn't last long enough on the market. I saw 2 cherry examples with less than 40,000Km on them sell for well under $3000CAD.

75057619_614-2.jpg

2007 V-Max. Again a last-year-of-breed. Do I need to explain this one? (I have a plan for an awesome paint job featuring Ol' Bob Grey - Pennywise the Dancing Clown - for this bike. Do I need to explain that one? Just like Pennywise, the bike will seduce you "C'mon Georgie, want a balloon? We all float down here..." and you won't know exactly what that means until you get comfortable with it, and IT tries to murder you.)

2007-Yamaha-VMAXc.jpg

1991-1993 FZR1000. Maybe overshadowed in the later years by Honda's CBR900RR Fireblade (which was crazy light for it's class, and brutally fast, but twitchy and capricious. They can only be ridden properly in the Miguel DuHamel style, which is to say at 10/10ths, and steered mostly with the back wheel...), this was the first liter bike I ever rode, and the first time I experienced the kind of time-warp sensation that only a sporting litre bike can rightly provide. Five valves per cylinder? C'mon! This bike can EASILY do the Kessel Run in well under 12 parsecs, and not feel scary at any speed. I also think the FZR line is prettier than the YZF bikes that followed. I have not seen an FZR1000 for sale in over a year.

1993-yamaha-fzr1000.1_f.jpg

1988-1990 SRX6. SRwhat? I think you folks South of 49° only saw these for 1 year, and we Canucks for 2 or 3 IIRC, though they did have a longer run in the Euro and JDM markets. This is a skinny café-sporty standard that never found an audience. It's got a 600cc air-cooled 4-valve SINGLE, with a kick starter and two exhaust downpipes. Yes, each exhaust valve gets its own. They also have triple disk brakes and a decent suspension. They're really skinny, and only weigh 350lbs. Supposedly they will wring almost 170Km/h from the 45hp in that little thumper. I want one bad, but they're like unicorn teeth; hard to pull out of the mythical creatures who own them.

Yamaha SRX600 86.jpg

2005-2006 MT-01. If the Venture and Royal Star lines were the evolutionary softening of Mad Max, the MT-01 is the culmination of exactly the reverse, beginning with the 1600cc Road Star in 2001. The massive engine quickly grew to 1670cc, then Yamaha shaved some weight in the engine, built a sporty cruiser chassis around it, and gave it some brawn in the Warrior. This however, is more a redhead step-child; Yam shaved yet MORE weight in the engine, gave it MORE power, and wrapped it in a sports chassis that's derived largely from the R1. This redhead step-child is Christina Hendricks.

mt-01.jpg

2006+ FJR1300. This is like the Porsche 911GTS of motorcycles. A seriously powerful and torquey - 142hp, 99lb.ft - engine known particularly for its smoothness, pushing a roomy enough sporting chassis, with shaft drive, ABS, adjustable windscreen and bars, factory side cases and rack giving enough capacity for lightweight touring even at extra-legal velocity, with lines that look like they were designed for the Air Force. After 2013 they were available with an electronically adjustable suspension, and computerized drive modes. This is a GT bike of the first order.

989b5bccbda4ad2378ec7ec589b34081.jpg

Edited by SilveradoCA

The V Max is at the top of my rider list. Don't really care about the vintage. I just want one and I plan on riding it like I stole it.

I would love to have a 1949 Harley Hydra Glide.

1949-harley-davidson-fl-hydra-glide-2.jpg

I think these may be the most beautiful motorcycles ever made. I had a home built chopper with the '49 pan head for a few days back in the late eighties. I was buying it from Barnett in El Paso, TX where I worked occasionally transporting bikes on a flat bed. They took my Sportster in trade as the down payment and let me ride the Pan Head home. Two days later, the bank decided they wouldn't float the $3K on a home built title even though the bike was worth twice that. I got the sporty back and cried myself to sleep for a week.

I wouldn't say it's on my list, but if I ever find a really cherry '81 Yamaha Seca 750, I'd have to buy it. That is a great bike and I put many thousands of miles on one, then gave it to my son who put another hundred thousand on it before it gave up the ghost. In the end it was the Phoenix heat that did her in.

OUTSTANDING THREAD HERE @SilveradoCA,, absolutely love it :thumbsup:!! Also absolutely LOVE your story and admire your wish list:clap2::dancefool:!!

Here is short story of how I got started into this madness which has now plagued my entire life.

I was born with some defective chromizones so my dad (he was a sports guy) didn't have to energize my bike addiction - I came from birth with it.. I was born during the day and age when "liking" motorcycles was taboo. While attending kindergarten I got into a lot of trouble cause I didn't "fit" well with the rest of the children my age, they were all into collecting base ball cards and stuff while I would sit at my desk and draw pics of choppers (sounds funny but I am not kidding - it really happened this way).

My parents had 7 children (I was second born - have a sister 1 year older than I) all of which, other than myself, were normal - playing sports and all that. Wasn't enough money to go around so my severe needs of spinning wrenches always got set on the back burner.. My early years of wrenching found me dragging home bicycles, cutting front ends of hollow forked Huffies and sliding the cut Huffy fork tubes onto Schwinn solid forks to manufacture choppers. I probably had over 20 neighborhood kids with choppers by the time I was 8 years old. I also noticed that my neighbors old rototiller had a side shaft Clinton motor on it and I came up with the genuis idea of finding one of those motors and mounting on my pedal bike. There was a store called "Strevel's" about 7 miles from our home in Fruitport Michigan whose owner was into selling used mowers out front of the store. I would ride my chopper bicycle up there at least twice a month just to look at the side shaft mowers. At first, old man Strevel would actually come out and start the mowers for me to show me they would run (I would just sit there smelling that burning fuel and dreaming). Wasnt long though and he wouldnt even come outside.

My parents bought me a used 10 speed pedal bike for my 9th birthday. A few weeks later my grandfather, who was actually the only person who really understood me back than, gave me an old kickstart washing machine motor (probably all of 1 horse power - wish I still had it - it was COOL) and I went about the task of cutting the center post out of my 10 speed to prepare it for the wash machine engine. My dad came home from work, saw what I was doing and thats when I received my 1,000,000th whoppin from him. He later came out of the house (had apparently talked to my mom about anger management), apologized for smacking me. About a week later I was helping him on his linen route, he got a big smile on his face as we pulled into a tire company (Atlas Tire in Grand Haven Mi) where he had rugs on their floors and said he had something to show me. We went inside and there sat a GORGEOUS 1959 Sears/Allstate/Puch moped!! My dad told me that if I paid for 1/2 (I worked unloading trucks at his linen company and I also had a paper route) he would pay the other half. I will NEVER forget loading my new (to me) Sears moped into the back of that old linen truck - I FINALLY HAD A REAL MOTORCYCLE because guess what,, it had a clutch and was a two speed = wayyyyyyyyy coollll!!

There were rich kids in our area who had mini-bikes and stuff that I would ride any chance I had but, THERE IS NOTHNG LIKE A GEAR HEADS FIRST BIKE. About 2 weeks after we got the bike home the old girl decided it didn't want to run.. This time it was my mom who walked over to the high school parking lot (our yard was all sand and we had no garage) where I had the top end off my moped apart and started yelling things like "that thing will never run again" (the old Sears mopeds had a lot of shrouding on them so the pile of parts she started yelling at me about was actually 85 percent shrouding - it wasn't that big of a deal). I had torn A LOT of mowers apart during my early years and I just KNEW the old bike needed a set of rings and sure enough it did. Most folks probably will never believe this but Sears actually sold quite a few motorcycles back in those days and their parts supply was second to none!! After my parents had calmed down and I had stuffed all my moped parts into a box, I talked my mom into taking me into sears where I bought a new set of rings, a base gasket and the cutest little tin head gasket that a gear head has ever laid eyes on. I roughend her tiny little bore up with sand paper, cleaned everything up real good in gas, lubed it all down and stuck her back together.. I will NEVER forget the look on my parents faces as I drove across our front yard on my freshly rebuilt, first motorcycle .

Having finally found the real me, I purchased my second bike - a gorgeous 1967 Bonanza BC1300 two years later. It took me a while to save up for that one cause every time I could gather some pennies they seemed to go into running costs of my Moped. What I really wanted at the time was the full fledged chopper that Bonanza offered with the Hodaka Ace 100 motorcycle engine it - I simply could not come up with the money for it and the sharing costs that my parents did on the Moped was a one time shot. My Bonanza was ok but the 0 to 60 mph in under 4 seconds that Bonanza advertised in their flyer was really where I saw myself (oh yea, I collected bike flyers back than and also sent away for info that was found in the bike mags of the day - I still have a LOT of the flyers I collected as a kid - I can probably dig out the poster of the Bonanza Chopper and take :photographing: of it if you would like - I used to DRUEL over that thing).

Here is a pic that my little sister took of me way back then. I still have the frame of my first bike - the 59 - sitting in my basement. Not to long ago I noticed a later model of the same bike for sale for a couple hundred bucks. Tip and I went over to Grand Rapids and drug it home. My plan is to use this later model Moped as a parts bike to restore (not repaint and all that - just put it together in its perfect patina state) my original first bike to rideable condition and then use it as a daily rider..

My defective chromizones never did get better and I have suffered with it my whole life. I have owned hundreds of bikes thru the years of many makes/models and engine configurations including ground up Choppers I have hand built and ridden cross country on - I came full circle in life and actually found true love with the long bike.. Oh yea, I raced bikes starting at 16 years old starting on Yamaha and actually graduated to MXing and Harescrambling a brand new - first in west Michigan (I know cause I worked spun wrenches for Honda at a local shop where I ordered it from in late 1972) Honda CR250M Elsinore.. Wore it out in 1 year of track time in 73 and bought another in 1974.. I then went on to enjoy a lifetime of tracks and woods racing open class on both the CR500 and also KX500 open class.. LOVED MY DIRT BIKES!! Back to early days,, the final embarrassment for my parents came about when they saw my High School Graduation picture (shown below), as in Kindergarten many years before, everyone of my peers appeared with a suit coat, my choice of clothing was, well,, me..:big-grin-emoticon:

mop.JPGmop1.JPGmop2.JPGmop3.JPGmop4.JPGmop5.JPG

There is one other bike that's on the 'must' list, and it's not a Yamaha.

1988-91 Honda Hawk GT: This bike was also known as the BROS or NT650, depending on the market. They weren't popular due to their relatively high price at the time, and they weren't quite as fast as other 600-class bikes sporting 4-cylinder mills, but have a cult following today, and even an active enthusiast's racing scene. Look at the design tech Honda packed into the little thing! Single sided swingarm, disc brakes fore and aft, light weight and narrow profile in an aluminum perimeter frame, moved by a liquid cooled 650cc v-twin. This should be the most popular bike of it's size for the period, IMO.

$_59.JPG

The fairing on this example is aftermarket, but I think it looks awesome. This bike is for sale, with less than 9000Km on her, but he wants about twice as much money as I have in the kitty, and I can't really justify 3 bikes at the moment. I plan to watch this one and see where it's at come winter...

Wow cowpuc, great story. A kid rebuilding the engine on his pride and joy in the school parking lot... man you're one of a kind. I'd like to meet you some day.

Reminds me of the time I had to yard the drive shaft out of an old beat up AWD Chevy Safari van I had. That battlefield surgery took place in the parking lot of a 7-11, not too long before dark. I can assure you that neither Pride nor her sister Joy were there to bear witness to that piece of mechanical artistry.

Just as I was getting the shaft disconnected from the pinion, the kid from the Slurpee shop came out, and in a warbly, cracking voice that told me he wasn't old enough to shave, said "Hey mister, do you need me to call somebody to help you out?" All he got in response was "Nope, thanks. Watch your feet." as the offending part, replete with done-in u-joint, came skating out from under the van. LOL! I drove that van on front wheels only for a week before I got around to fixing that u-joint.

Also, 7-11 makes the best Slurpees, hands down.

Your mopeds remind me of a thing called a Whizzer that my buddy's grandfather had in his garage. It was something else to get that little thing running (and smoking), and rip around Canmore 2-up.

After the Z50 which was the source of my disease, I had a Honda MR50 Elsinore. While it wasn't of the true racing heritage of the bigger bikes with that nameplate, it was a big upgrade for a little kid, because it had BIG wheels, and a CLUTCH!

Edited by SilveradoCA

What's on my list -- anything I can throw my leg over. It's not so much of what but where at this point. Haven't been able to ride in many states so I would like to hit an many as I can while I can still ride. I would love to be able to take a month or 2 and ride the TAT too.

... I had a Honda MR50 Elsinore. While it wasn't of the true racing heritage of the bigger bikes with that nameplate, it was a big upgrade for a little kid, because it had BIG wheels, and a CLUTCH!

Hah! That was my first real motorcycle. That little beauty tore up the mountains of Pulaski, VA and burned itself into my soul!

Edited by luvmy40
typo

First new bike was a KZ 750. We put a windjammer fairing on it and backrest, luggage rack. I may have put some bags on it I dont remember now. But I have rode a few that at the time I really thought were cool. While I had the KZ a friend I rode with had a Honda CX500 I think it was. It had the smaller vetter angular fairing, but it had good power for its size. I really wanted the Honda CB 900. The one that had the dual speed hi/low trans. I thought that would be a good tour bike.

I really wanted the Honda CB 900. The one that had the dual speed hi/low trans. I thought that would be a good tour bike.

Got one of those in the garage waiting 'till I have time to do a resto. Doesn't need much other than fluids changed and the head replaced. An exhaust stud pulled out and someone did a poor job of trying to repair,....that pulled out too. I have a good head....(for the bike...not on my shoulders)....and figure that bike and a 69 Chevelle I have sitting in the garage will be the focus of my first year of retirement.

As far as bikes go....I have too many old bikes already, but have always wanted an old V-Max, along with a V65 Magna, ...and I'd REALLY like to have an 83 Honda CB1100F Supersport....only made 'em one year and many considered it the first superbike. Good looking, good running and upright seating position.:biker:

The more I think about this the more I remember my uncle's late 40's Indian with a suicide shift. The only Bike that scared the crap out of me. I only got to ride it once when I was about 16 or so and when I put it into 3rd I thought I was going to dump it. really took knowing how to shift that thing before riding it. It looked something like this but I seem to remember it basically with primer on it as he had rebuilt it. I would love to have this but he passed away and my aunt sold it.

47 Indian.jpg

A little off topic, maybe...

The more I think about this the more I remember my uncle's late 40's Indian with a suicide shift...

A little remembered factoid. The term suicide shift is actually a flawed evolution of the term suicide clutch; The jockey shift motorcycles of the '40's and '50s(maybe even the '30s?) had foot pedal operated clutches. In the factory configuration, they had a solid linkage from the pedal to the clutch actuating arm. They could be locked into the engaged position by pushing the pedal over the top. Chopper builders tended to replace the solid linkage with a chain, which eliminated the ability lock the clutch out. That coupled with the lack of front brakes on the vast majority of custom choppers made taking off from a stop on hill very difficult. A lot of chopper riders would run lights on hills regularly. Thus, the Suicide Clutch.

Here is a good short essay on the subject. https://sturgis.com/blog/suicide-clutch-a-definition

Edited by luvmy40
typos

The more I think about this the more I remember my uncle's late 40's Indian with a suicide shift. The only Bike that scared the crap out of me. I only got to ride it once when I was about 16 or so and when I put it into 3rd I thought I was going to dump it. really took knowing how to shift that thing before riding it. It looked something like this but I seem to remember it basically with primer on it as he had rebuilt it. I would love to have this but he passed away and my aunt sold it.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119369

INDEED @bpate4home,,, much adVenture lays in the soul of a good ol tank shiftin, foot clutchin,, ignition timing at the grip scoot!!

Close @silverado,, my actual dream scoot back then was the one like that only with the Hodaka ACE 100,, 100cc two stroke motor.. They came OEM right from Bonanza with an open pipe exhaust system.. Can you imagine the wonderful tune that little puppy would sing out for all the world to hear/see as a young lop eared wrench spinning gearhead varmint kid went ripping thru the hood pulling 0-60 at 5 seconds on a full blown mini bike chopper (looked just like the pics you posted only had the Hodaka motor) with 8 inch tires on it :big-grin-emoticon:.. I will have to browse thru my huge collection of my childhood bike brochures and see if I can find a pic of it for you.. It was AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

I started riding with a V-star 650 in 2010. Wrecked it, rookie mistake. Bought a 09 Honda Shadow 750 to replace it. Great bike, got Vance & Hines, sounds great. But, my wife and I wanted something more comfortable for doing longer rides, and more power. Thus, found my RSV. She found it was more comfortable than our friend's HD Electraglide, and I liked the price tag better.

I regrettably sold my Shadow to my neighbor. I still hear those sweet pipes everyday. Of course my RSV sounds good too, its got nice BUB pipes, but they dont compare to Vance & Hines. The RSV sure can move for such a big bike though. My Shadow was very nimble and can come off the line quick enough to get in front of the cars, but when riding in groups, I was def one of the ones lagging in the back. Now, I'm able to not only hang with the more powerful bikes but I could overtake them if I wanted to.

I'd upload pictures, but it always give me a pop up saying it failed to upload.

I started riding with a V-star 650 in 2010. Wrecked it, rookie mistake. Bought a 09 Honda Shadow 750 to replace it. Great bike, got Vance & Hines, sounds great. But, my wife and I wanted something more comfortable for doing longer rides, and more power. Thus, found my RSV. She found it was more comfortable than our friend's HD Electraglide, and I liked the price tag better.

I regrettably sold my Shadow to my neighbor. I still hear those sweet pipes everyday. Of course my RSV sounds good too, its got nice BUB pipes, but they dont compare to Vance & Hines. The RSV sure can move for such a big bike though. My Shadow was very nimble and can come off the line quick enough to get in front of the cars, but when riding in groups, I was def one of the ones lagging in the back. Now, I'm able to not only hang with the more powerful bikes but I could overtake them if I wanted to.

I'd upload pictures, but it always give me a pop up saying it failed to upload.

EXCELLENT JT,, JUST FLAT OUT EXCELLENT:thumbsup:!! I redid a couple Yamaha V-Star 650's a number of years ago and spent some time on them.. I seriously LOVED the way that little V-Star sounded. I have a pretty decent history with HD,, been riding em since I won a brand new back in 78 (Low Rider) and have always loved the "potato, potato, potato" sound = music to my ears.. I will never forget the 1st 650 I redid and when I lit it up for the 1st time I looked at one of my employees, smiled and said "this little sucker is tater masher!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

About your inability in picture posten.. IMHO, 99% of the time picture issues are somehow connected to the pics being to large. I resize all my pics with Paint,, very easy to do, and resize to 1000 pixies each max and that always solves the issues.. Hold on,, I got a vid I did a while back you might be interested in,, seeing if I can find it,, yep,, here ya go!!

My first motorcycle was a Honda - Z50, vintage unknown, but I was 5 years old and it was 1981.

In spite of that, I have always liked Yamaha bikes the best, to the point that there are very few marques, common or exotic, which can turn my head like a Yamaha can. (I would part with some hard-won shekels for the right Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Ducati or HD if the stars aligned though.)

My first street bike was a 1991 Yamaha YX600 Radian, bought brand new, on layaway over nearly a full year, from the neighbourhood motorcycle shop. In those heady days of youth, after months of drooling over the masthead magazine buyer's guides until they were ragged, what I really wanted was an FZR600, or a maybe a Virago 1100, both of which were wildly out of my price range as a kid washing dishes and slinging pizzas in a restaurant kitchen. Hell, I even had to buy my helmet on layaway! (That was an Arai Quantum with Mick Doohan's signature livery, and it was awesome). I'll save the tale of family civil war over this purchase for another thread, but for now, suffice it to say that when your father forbids you from something, and you tell him it's clearly his fault you've done it, you will learn the meaning of apoplexy, regardless of it's attendence in your vocabulary.

I owned that motorcycle twice as a matter of fact, and very nearly three times. We rode all over Alberta and BC together, but in '98 I bought a Honda VTR1000, and just wasn't riding her any more, so sold her to the father of a casual girlfriend from school. Then in '01 Yamaha lured me again, and I rode home on a brand new Road Star. Certainly a change of pace, and I loved that bike too. Harvey had by that time knocked the rust off his riding skills, and was ready for something bigger, so I bought the Radian back from him at a fair price. I rode it occasionally for another season, then sold her to a stranger when I was liquidating to move to another city. About 3 weeks ago a '91 Radian in the same colour showed up on the local online classifieds. It had a scar on the tachometer housing, lower engine case and left muffler. Just about exactly the kind of damage you'd create when you low-side the bike because some vacuous bouffant cuts a California lane change across your bow because she forgot to get smokes, right in front of the Esso station at Crowchild Trail and 5th Avenue. I'm currently keeping my powder dry for other purposes, but it was a hard choice not to have her back for old time's sake. (This is where my Yogi and Jedi training remind me to eschew attachments, and it's well.)

OK, OK, on to the point of the thread. There are a number of bikes that I fully intend to own at some point, to satisfy the urge to ride them and see if they are what I think them to be. This of course will occur during a serendipitous intersection of funds and opportunity. This spring, several of these bikes have been available; some were out of budget, and others were seen and gone so fast from the classifieds that I invented a few new curse words, let me tell 'ya friends. A few examples:

'70's CB750

Honda%20CB750%20Four%20K7%2077.jpg

CB750 chopper

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSrxonRN_ORcjKhmJ0K2opNPzBMyy7p9Qhl-Q&usqp=CAU

classic bonnie

2Q==

Z

naked 'wing

9k=

9k=

Yamaha XS750

2Q==

2Q==

So, that's a start.

Edited by AGrengs

About your inability in picture posten.. IMHO, 99% of the time picture issues are somehow connected to the pics being to large. I resize all my pics with Paint,, very easy to do, and resize to 1000 pixies each max and that always solves the issues.. Hold on,, I got a vid I did a while back you might be interested in,, seeing if I can find it,, yep,, here ya go!!

Thanks.shadow.jpg

20190824_120508.jpg

I have some fond memories of my first bike a 71 CB350 Honda, a good starter bike but not one I'd want again.

I have fond memories of my next bike a 73 CB750 Honda. Loved that bike!

My 83 Yamaha Virago was a good bike but didn't like the underpowered vibrating Vtwin.

I have fond memories of my 81 Honda CB900C. Kinda wish I hadn't sold it.

I like my 85 ZN700. Plenty of power and light enough to enjoy in town.

I sorta liked the 04 Kawasaki Concours. It has some good features, comfortable, fast, 7 1/2 gallon tank for car like touring range, but it was really top heavy and hard to handle at low speed and a little like a sport bike seating position with weight on the hands.

Still undecided about my 89 Venture?

I'm liking the 07 Venture more the more I ride it. I didn't like it that much initially because it looks like a Harley. I don't like the heavy steering and the gear whine but it's a great bike really for what I paid for it! Super comfy! Plenty of power!

At 76, I don't see any "new" bikes in my future but I'm going to hang on to at least one of mine until I cain't ride any more!

For me it would have to be the V-Max. That is unlikely to ever happen though since it would be a toy for me to ride solo. I have a very difficult time getting my bike out of the driveway without either my wife or my daughter jumping on the back. The both love to ride as much as I do.