IGNORED

Covid??

Condor

I just turned 79, have a sore throat, but only hurts when I swallow,....and I sound like a bull frog... Croak, and when I sing 'I'm a lonely frog" I sound great!! The truck sits in the drive way for days on end, and I when I do leave it's generally to a drive thru for lunch or dinner... I avoid all crowds.. Laryngitis or Covid?? Whatcha's think?? :sick:

GO TO A DOCTOR AND LET HIM/HER DECIDE BROTHER!!!

Was chatting with my daughter out there the other day Jack and she was telling me the CCP Virus is more of a respitory/lung issue thing.. Breathing complications accompanied usually with fever.. How's your temp Jack? Low grade fever? Bottom line my sweet brother is this virus is nothing to mess with,, PLEASE go get checked out!! PRAYERS UP!!!!!!!!!

Puc

I'm going to err on the side of caution here, I'm going to suggest you take your temp and call your PCP to discuss your symptoms. Then, consider his input before you decide what to do (By that I mean call and get in to get screened for the Chinavirus). With only the greatest due respect, your in a demographic that has less wiggle room on this thing.

There are literally countless other things it could be but your Dr. knows all about your risk factors and comorbidity that none of us do. I encourage you to call your Dr and go from there. Keep us posted and I'm sending you some positive energy.

Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better.

Cowpuc the temp is up to 101 but that just happened yesterday. Before that I generally get 97.1... cool customer. I have no trouble breathing. I took an online Covid test where they run you through all on the symptoms. The only one I checked was sore throat...and nose or uvula swelling. That gives me the frog thing. So this morning I took a Claritan and it reduced the swelling to almost zero. And just for the heck of it I just took my temp and it's 98.8. So it's coming down. Yesterday I felt like cr@p. Didn't get any sleep that night and then drove 80 miles to pick up a small Easy Loader boat trailer. Left at 7 and got back at 10. Then hit tthe recliner and slept the rest of the day. When I woke up I got the 101.4. So I'll still be super caucus, and if thing starts to come back the doc and I are going to become very friendly...

PS: About a month ago I did get tested, and it was all neg... And yes I know a month ago amounts to a hill of beans...

I am a procrastinator so I will not say what I would do. But given your age, and this ****ty virus tends to be extra hard on our elders, and you have 2 classic symptoms, and it's Friday, I would probably start the getting tested process.

Good luck friend, and hope it's just a summer bug.

Cowpuc the temp is up to 101 but that just happened yesterday. Before that I generally get 97.1... cool customer. I have no trouble breathing. I took an online Covid test where they run you through all on the symptoms. The only one I checked was sore throat...and nose or uvula swelling. That gives me the frog thing. So this morning I took a Claritan and it reduced the swelling to almost zero. And just for the heck of it I just took my temp and it's 98.8. So it's coming down. Yesterday I felt like cr@p. Didn't get any sleep that night and then drove 80 miles to pick up a small Easy Loader boat trailer. Left at 7 and got back at 10. Then hit tthe recliner and slept the rest of the day. When I woke up I got the 101.4. So I'll still be super caucus, and if thing starts to come back the doc and I are going to become very friendly...

PS: About a month ago I did get tested, and it was all neg... And yes I know a month ago amounts to a hill of beans...

A month ago is an eternity with this monster. You hear about Herman Cain? Not to scare you but a month ago he tested negative too and today he is gone, truth matters... Get my point? GO TO THE DOCTOR or at least meander thru one of the clinics and get tested my friend!! If you cant find a drive up testing area, pull into U.C. Davis's ER and read to them what you wrote above,, I am almost positive they will want to do another test.. Do it Jack,, just do it.. Get er done!!!!!!!

A month ago is an eternity with this monster. You hear about Herman Cain? Not to scare you but a month ago he tested negative too and today he is gone, truth matters... Get my point? GO TO THE DOCTOR or at least meander thru one of the clinics and get tested my friend!! If you cant find a drive up testing area, pull into U.C. Davis's ER and read to them what you wrote above,, I am almost positive they will want to do another test.. Do it Jack,, just do it.. Get er done!!!!!!!

My HMO Kaiser has a drive thru set up... Think I'll give them a call...

:You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

THANKS MY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE ESSENTIAL AND LOVED!!! :bighug::bighug:

Just an update. I called Kaiser and a doc will call me in the AM to schedule a Covid test. It seems due to age I'm in the at risk group and currenly that"s the only people they're testing. :thumbsup2:

Update #2 So taking everyone's advise I went and had the covid test this morning and should get the results in a couple days. Temp was 98.6 this am but still had a crappy nights sleep. Finally had to go out to the recliner... Seems like every time I take a drink of water it starts running out my nose... Never had that happen before??

Update #2 So taking everyone's advise I went and had the covid test this morning and should get the results in a couple days. Temp was 98.6 this am but still had a crappy nights sleep. Finally had to go out to the recliner... Seems like every time I take a drink of water it starts running out my nose... Never had that happen before??

PRAYERS UP it comes back negative my brother and THANK YOU for gettin er done Jack!! About the water out of the nose routine,, I know this does not apply in your case cause mine happened without drinking water but the all of a sudden dripping nose is how they found my brain fluid leak in my case.. Goofy thing would just start dripping,, and it tasted salty. I ended up at the U of M to get it taken care of.. I am tellin ya @Condor,, it is amazing how quickly this stuff can pop up out of nowhere and cause a pause in a normally uneventful retiree's day.. :happy34: Hope you are feeling much better my friend and getting back to your normal everyday lop eared varmint :witch_brew:self!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
So did this come out OK?

Sorry for a lack of an update guys and gals.. Took the test, and all is good... False alarm.. Negative results, and a big sigh or relief... Had a monster case of the summer time strep throat... Lasted for about 4 days and Kermit and I were becoming good friends... Now he doesn't want anything to do with me... Many thanks for all the feedback and good wishes...:thumbsup2: