IGNORED

Cowpuc I have 2 new ccw guns

tufftom4

I have 2 new carry weapons, the top is a Walther PPS single stack 9 and the bottom is the new Springfield Hellcat double stack 9. I have not been able to go to the range yet to compare them but they feel fantastic in the hand

Conceal carry.jpg

:scared:,, BEAUTIFUL TUFFY!!!! JUST FLAT OUT 100%,, MY ME :big-grin-emoticon: GORGEOUS!! CONGRATS!! :thumbsup:

Sooo,, now that you got my attention (I am pretty sure you knew the congratulations in landing a couple gorgeous shooters wasnt gonna end there :missingtooth:,,, the ol curiosity begins and all that :bluesbrother:),,,, tell me a little more on the Walther. Is it considerably narrower on the slide then the double stack Hellcat?? I think for a pocket gun it would be wayyy cool if someone would make a slender as possible 9 mill single stack with all the edges radiused as much as possible to prevent snagging.. Something palm sized.. Am I even close to describing the Walther?? Just like you though brother,, I am a staunch double stacker lover too,, 17 rounds is a good round count IMHO to make shooting cans and chasing away bad guys interesting :Im not listening to...

Ok,, I'll shut up,, gotta say though,, NICE CHOSEN THE SHOOTERS TUFFY!!

Puc

:scared:,, BEAUTIFUL TUFFY!!!! JUST FLAT OUT 100%,, MY ME :big-grin-emoticon: GORGEOUS!! CONGRATS!! :thumbsup:

Sooo,, now that you got my attention (I am pretty sure you knew the congratulations in landing a couple gorgeous shooters wasnt gonna end there :missingtooth:,,, the ol curiosity begins and all that :bluesbrother:),,,, tell me a little more on the Walther. Is it considerably narrower on the slide then the double stack Hellcat?? I think for a pocket gun it would be wayyy cool if someone would make a slender as possible 9 mill single stack with all the edges radiused as much as possible to prevent snagging.. Something palm sized.. Am I even close to describing the Walther?? Just like you though brother,, I am a staunch double stacker lover too,, 17 rounds is a good round count IMHO to make shooting cans and chasing away bad guys interesting :Im not listening to...

Puc

Sorry, but in my opinion, nothing compares to the tried and true 1911 in 45acp!!!

Sorry, but in my opinion, nothing compares to the tried and true 1911 in 45acp!!!

I am 100% there EC!! My 1911 is my shooter of choice,, wayyyy fun!! Only think,, for carrying in my jacket pocket,, probable make me jacket hang funny.. Mines a GI though... If I were not so tired from yapping with fool in chat I would grab a pic of it for show and tell... Heyyyyyy,, lets get together and toss some lead sometime... LOTS of State or Federal Land tween here n there!!

Puc

They are both to big for pocket guns unless you put them in cargo shorts. I still have my 1911 plus all my other guns.1911.jpg

Hellcat sights.jpg

My EDC is the first gen PPS and I have been eyeballing the HellCat.

How's the trigger on that critter?

Dry firing it the trigger is pretty clean and crisp and the reset is pretty good I will let you know how it does at the range and I love the sights I wish the pic wasn't blurry.

Edited by tufftom4

I have an old Police .38 Special that I would carry, it was my uncle's pistol. That thing is spot on accurate. I can pick it up after a year of not shooting and still pop center at 15 - 20 yrds with a few rounds. My Wife has a .380 semi-auto. I've never really been fond of the smaller Semi's though as I think the tend to jam or misfire more than say a .40 or .45.

Puc, if you like 1911’s and want a palm size 9mm you should take a look at the sig sauer 938. I have one and i love it.

I agree that the 938 is a fantastic bun. I have one and love it. I also have P365 though and carry it more due to it's smaller size and higher capacity. Both great guns.

You guys certainly go for the big guns. I guess I'd prefer a small gun in my pocket instead of a 9mm sitting at home (I have both). Keltec makes some low cost, simple guns which seem to always work. Their P3AT is my CC choice: https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/p3at/

I like their lack of complications - pull the trigger and it fires. Plus it easily fits into a pocket. I have a little plastic holder just to keep it oriented handle up in my pocket for easy retrieval.

zag

Edited by zagger

I am 100% there EC!! My 1911 is my shooter of choice,, wayyyy fun!! Only think,, for carrying in my jacket pocket,, probable make me jacket hang funny.. Mines a GI though... If I were not so tired from yapping with fool in chat I would grab a pic of it for show and tell... Heyyyyyy,, lets get together and toss some lead sometime... LOTS of State or Federal Land tween here n there!!

We have 43 acres here, starting on building a pistol pit to shoot, so far only have dug into the bank but will be putting up a backstop. No sense in paying to do its someplace else. So come on up, we can shoot when we aren't riding or ride when we aren't shooting. Your pick.