IGNORED

Hitch compatibility for 1988 Venture Royale?

Hi, I have a 1988 Venture Royale. I need a hitch. I bid on a hitch on eBay for a 1986 Venture, is this compatible? I assume all Gen1 are compatible, but I'm not sure exactly where they mount (I believe some of the hard side bags were different).

Thanks,

John

I’m sure someone will chime in and correct me if I’m wrong but if you bid on another one it needs to be 86-93. I don’t think the 1st gen MK1 and MK2 are the same.

Yep,, and it is to bad too Corporal Newkirk cause I have a really nice, 100% complete MK1 (83/85 Venture) hitch that I would have made the OP a great deal on BUT you are correct,, the MK2 and MK1 hitches are completely different animals..

I'm not sure what they go for but my 89 has a hitch that I use about as often as the stereo (never). If this bike doesn't sell by winter it's going on a very strict diet which will see removal of the hitch and about 80% of the electronics and CLASS system. If you really need one and cant find one handily enough PM me.

If you have any friends coming through Sturgis this year I can hand it off to them (in Rapid City) for you rather than boxing/shipping. I hope you find one that fits!