User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First time I am saying " this is a must have" for your bike or your whole stable.

United States
    OR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: First time I am saying " this is a must have" for your bike or your whole stable.

Quote Originally Posted by gmarshall View Post
    I like the idea of a TPMS for my bike but have three issues with this system:

1. non-metal stems. My current ride has spoked wheels, and consequently tubes in the tires. FOBO does not recommend rubber stems.
    2. Location services on. The only apps on my iPhone that can track my location are ones that I deem should have them. All others are off. The reason (altitude adjustment) just seems a little overkill to me.
    3. Automatic updates on. I update apps when I want to, using Wifi, not whenever the app decides it needs a new version. This updates are mainly to change the ads anyway.

These concerns may keep me from purchasing this product, maybe some other company has a different setup?

My
    Hu gmarshall.
    rememebr I donít have stock in FOBO but I will share with you the knowledge gained during my testing and many emails with an engineer at the company.
    1 they donít recommend rubber stems because they can get old and leak. That is something you would want to know is happening and these tpms will show you that since it measures to the tenth of a pound.
    2 you only neeed background app refresh and location sharing ON if you want to be notified immediate if a change in pressure. If you donít feel you need that feature then leave both OFF.

FOBO has been doing this for a long time. This is gen two. It works and works well. Personally it is worth $100 for this old body to not have to lay down on my back in the garage only to find out the stem isnít where I can reach it, roll the bike a little and lay down again on my back. Then I find out I didnít need to even do that because my pressure is where I want it to be. With the FOBO I know I will need air when I lay down on my back and I will have the air right there to fill and check. For me- that is $100 bucks well spent.
    notifying me of a nail in my tire will be nice but just gravy.
    I did a lot of research and I hope you do to. This is the only real time - to your phone - tpms I found.

again- you donít have to have location and app refresh on to get pressure readings on your phone.
    On an iPhone you can keep the app open and refresh your screen if you want to know how your tires are doing.
    min an Android you can have the tire pressure overlay on top of any app you have running- map, music etc.
    as you see I am taking A lot of time answering questions because I truly believe in this product and feel it is worth it for anyone that wants to know their pressures without the hassle.
    you can let the app be invasive if you choose to and not invasive if you choose to not.
    thanks for the comments.
    VentureFar...
    VentureFar...
    IBA 55699
    6/ 8/ 2013 1054 miles in 21 Hours
    12/ 29/ 2013 1024 miles in 17 Hours - why 2? really want that Mile Eater IBA Shirt

2. Thanks gmarshall gave thanks for this post
    United States
    FL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: First time I am saying " this is a must have" for your bike or your whole stable.

I went with a similar system. I also ordered up T valves after having them about 2 months. I was changing tires anyways. But getting my gauge and the TPMS to read the same is impossible. But as long as you know where your TPMS reads according to the gauge you have used for years it dont matter. I went with this system VS the phone read out as I dont always have the phone out where I can see it.
    2013 Black Victory XCT
    Trailers are for when your bike is broke, aint they?

United States
    OR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad it works for you but:

Currently unavailable

We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
    :-(
    VentureFar...

[/COLOR]
    VentureFar...
    IBA 55699
    12/ 29/ 2013 1024 miles in 17 Hours - why 2? really want that Mile Eater IBA Shirt

United States
    AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading the review, the FOBO is now part of my must-buy list.

United States
    AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VentureFar ....Hmmm....I was thinking of going this route...(https://www.tiretraker.com/proddetail.php?prod=TT700) until you came up with this product...

I have their 4 sensor system for my travel trailer and find they work very well....
    The only thing that bothers me is my phone is always tucked away in my jacket. No way I can get to it while riding...

Decisions, decisions.
    USAF
    AFRTS Turkey
    1970-1973
    Patriot Guard
    "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once." - Well worn saying
    "Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds." ó Albert Einstein

United States
    OR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by videoarizona View Post
    VentureFar ....Hmmm....I was thinking of going this route...(https://www.tiretraker.com/proddetail.php?prod=TT700) until you came up with this product...

I have their 4 sensor system for my travel trailer and find they work very well....
    The only thing that bothers me is my phone is always tucked away in my jacket. No way I can get to it while riding...

Decisions, decisions.
    Well you are going to have to mount that dedicated monitor on your bars anyway, so why not mount your phone on your bars instead?
    I believe you will then be able to monitor ALL 6 tires on your phone. Just a thought.
    VentureFar...
    IBA 55699

United States
    OR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crichens View Post
    After reading the review, the FOBO is now part of my must-buy list.
    I just read your reply. Pulled out my phone and saw that my pressure is 36.8 for both tires. Since I am going for a ride tomorrow, I know I don't have to
    1. Check them by hand
    2. add any pressure

I like how easy that was.
    VentureFar...
    IBA 55699

9. Likes videoarizona liked this post
    United States
    FL
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea I know when I went to Amazon it came up unavailable. But there are several same ones there that are. My monitor is tucked in beside GPS mount and easy to see. I also have a android plug rite there to plug monitor in when battery for it goes dead. For me as far as phone app goes I dont always have my phone in the mount, so if a warning went off, dont know if I would get notice. Whatever system you choose they are a good tool.
    2013 Black Victory XCT
    Trailers are for when your bike is broke, aint they?

United States
    OR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djh3 View Post
    Yea I know when I went to Amazon it came up unavailable. But there are several same ones there that are. My monitor is tucked in beside GPS mount and easy to see. I also have a android plug rite there to plug monitor in when battery for it goes dead. For me as far as phone app goes I dont always have my phone in the mount, so if a warning went off, dont know if I would get notice. Whatever system you choose they are a good tool.
    If your phone is connected to your helmet headset then you will get an audible warning - fog horn or other obnoxious sound of your choice.
    Honestly, just not having to lay down on my back to check my tirepressure is worth the whole $100 to me. The alerting is gravy.
    VentureFar...
    IBA 55699

Canada
    ON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can definitely see the benefits to this because you can leave the house with properly inflated tires but pick up a nail or screw for example along the way. As the tire looses air the sidewalls flex more. The more they flex the higher the side wall temps go. This side wall temp increase over time weakens the side wall and could eventually cause a serious blow out. Being able to monitor your tire pressure would definitely help safe guard you against something like this.
    I AM A DRINKER OF THE WIND

United States
    OR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes to a nail and amen to not wasting time or energy laying down on my back to check the rear pressure. Have I said that too many times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VentureFar...
    IBA 55699

United States
    OH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The FOBO Bike 2 arrived today and is up and running.

Super cool!

As for the Tee fittings, they will have to wait til I put new rubber on as I hadn't thought about the fact that the current stems are rubber. I'll install the short steel stems that came with the FOBO when I do the new tires and then install the Tees. In retrospect, I should have ordered the hard mount Tees. That's what I get for buying stuff spur of the moment!
    TANSTAAFL

United States
    OR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    The FOBO Bike 2 arrived today and is up and running.

Super cool!

As for the Tee fittings, they will have to wait til I put new rubber on as I hadn't thought about the fact that the current stems are rubber. I'll install the short steel stems that came with the FOBO when I do the new tires and then install the Tees. In retrospect, I should have ordered the hard mount Tees. That's what I get for buying stuff spur of the moment!
    I donít se a reason for me to get the T. For the one time per month or so that I need to fill I will just unscrew the FOBO. They will have saved me so much time ďchecking ď pressure that I donít mind the one time per month.
    but that is just me.
    VentureFar...
    VentureFar...
    IBA 55699

United States
    OH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VentureFar View Post
    I don’t se a reason for me to get the T. For the one time per month or so that I need to fill I will just unscrew the FOBO. They will have saved me so much time “checking “ pressure that I don’t mind the one time per month.
    but that is just me.
    VentureFar...
    It's just easier to get the air chuck on the 90 deg fitting under the side bags and past the front rotors. It's a "nice to have" rather than a "must have" kind of thing.

I do think there is a little more clearance, both front and rear on the Gen 2 than the Gen 1.
    TANSTAAFL

Canada
    BC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Re: First time I am saying " this is a must have" for your bike or your whole stable.

Thanks for this posting mine will be here Tuesday 2012 Venture

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast