IGNORED

First time I am saying " this is a must have" for your bike or your whole stable.

VentureFar

The FOBO Bike 2 arrived today and is up and running.

Super cool!

As for the Tee fittings, they will have to wait til I put new rubber on as I hadn't thought about the fact that the current stems are rubber. I'll install the short steel stems that came with the FOBO when I do the new tires and then install the Tees. In retrospect, I should have ordered the hard mount Tees. That's what I get for buying stuff spur of the moment!

The FOBO Bike 2 arrived today and is up and running.

Super cool!

As for the Tee fittings, they will have to wait til I put new rubber on as I hadn't thought about the fact that the current stems are rubber. I'll install the short steel stems that came with the FOBO when I do the new tires and then install the Tees. In retrospect, I should have ordered the hard mount Tees. That's what I get for buying stuff spur of the moment!

I don’t se a reason for me to get the T. For the one time per month or so that I need to fill I will just unscrew the FOBO. They will have saved me so much time “checking “ pressure that I don’t mind the one time per month.

but that is just me.

VentureFar...

I don’t se a reason for me to get the T. For the one time per month or so that I need to fill I will just unscrew the FOBO. They will have saved me so much time “checking “ pressure that I don’t mind the one time per month.

but that is just me.

VentureFar...

It's just easier to get the air chuck on the 90 deg fitting under the side bags and past the front rotors. It's a "nice to have" rather than a "must have" kind of thing.

I do think there is a little more clearance, both front and rear on the Gen 2 than the Gen 1.

Hi all.

I am always searching for motorcycle products to review and I came across an awesome one.

Take that "emergency" $100 bill out of your wallet and get ready to use it.

Even my brother cowpuc isn't fond of laying down on his back to check the tire pressure on Tweeks.

I know I don't look forward to doing it, especially if I have 'nice' clothes on.

This is a bluetooth remote tire pressure monitoring system where you see your tire pressure on your phone. Of course you get warnings of leaks, but the real value in my estimation is the weekly check before your Saturday ride or the concern while on the road that some punk let some air out of your tires at the motel....

I hope this is a good read for you.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/07/21/fobo-bike-2-review-motorcycle-tire-pressure-monitoring-system/

VentureFar...

:clap2::dancefool::clap2::dancefool::clap2::dancefool::clap2::dancefool:

:think:,,, oh sure,,, wait till my laying on desert dirt in the outback of the Mojave desert to do my daily air pressure check on Tweeks before heading out for the next 1000 mile day of CTFW days have come to an end before finding such an AWESOME find @VentureFar :detective:!! IMHO,, tire pressure maintenance and management is one of the most under fulfilled and over looked items in modern motorcycle touring. I know this is strong language but I also have a gut feeling that this is also behind a lot of flat tires and crashes caused by them and also for many ill handling loaded up for touring motorcycles.. And another of my IMHO's (I am one opinionated brother aint I :rasberry:), the normal MO for old schoolers such as myself has been using my trusty pressure gauge to do the morning check and ALWAYS follow up with a spit check (learned wayyy back as a kid fixing my own bicycle tires to ALWAYS spit check that shrader) on the shrader valve cause opening the valve is wearing the valve and/or possibly letting dirt into it.. WOWZY WOW WOW WOW Neil,, think of all the shrader valve changes and even spitting you could have eliminated if you would have found this awesome device back in the mid 60's when we started riding :guitarist 2::guitarist 2:!!

Another GREAT REVIEW, definitely deserving of yet another embarrassing :bighug:from your Mom :173:

:big-grin-emoticon:

Puc

Installed mine last week. Other than working out the difference in what the FOBO says compared to my air guage, this setup works as advertised. I'm running RideOn tire sealant, but it's still reassuring to "see" whats going on with the shoes.

Thanks for this posting mine will be here Tuesday 2012 Venture

Awesome. As I read your post I opened the app and it told me that my tires are 36.3 each. Don't have to even open the garage door!

Although I do have to put the phone right up to the door as the rear tire is right at the edge of the reception/transmission range. But don't have to open it :-)

I hope you like it as much as I do.

VentureFar...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, the people that purchased these TPM - what do you think?

Please respond.

I put my reputation ( such as it is ) on the line for this product.

I Love mine. riding every weekend I have only laid down on my back to fill my rear tire 1x.

now knowing that the pressure in the rear tire rises to much while riding when I was at 35 pounds and riding solo, I didn't bother to fill it to 36 since it was a hot day and would be over 36 within minutes.

VentureFar...

Had mine in place about a month now. You're right with the ease of use thing. open the garage...sign in to the app...get anywhere near the bike..pressures and temps appear. I don't bother with the "alert" alarms, but I find myself looking at the app whenever I get off the bike to get an idea what the last ??? number of miles have done.

I will occasionally pull the sensors off to check their readings against my air guage, but I'm not crawling under the bike every morning as in the past.

Thank you for putting this idea in play.

Had mine in place about a month now. You're right with the ease of use thing. open the garage...sign in to the app...get anywhere near the bike..pressures and temps appear. I don't bother with the "alert" alarms, but I find myself looking at the app whenever I get off the bike to get an idea what the last ??? number of miles have done.

I will occasionally pull the sensors off to check their readings against my air guage, but I'm not crawling under the bike every morning as in the past.

Thank you for putting this idea in play.

Ha ha. Trust but verify !

No need. I communicated with the factory over a three week period and one of the questions I asked is how accurate is the TPM. They told me that it is 100% accurate 100% of the time. Any other gauge may or may not be as accurate. Papa Fred don't waste your time fact checking your purpose built TPM, there are plenty of other things to fact check :-)

Isn't it interesting how much hotter the rear tire gets than the front? Two up yesterday I gained 10# in the rear while riding at 50 mph at 76 degrees.

VentureFar...

I've noticed the same thing...Since the rear tire does most of the work...load and acceleration wise... I guess it can be forgiven if it works up a sweat. My first trip with the TPS was a 2-up ride of about 200 miles on a very hot day. Started the trip with correct pressures as related to me by the tire builder, and just past the halfway point I checked the app to see how things were doing down below. There were Over-pressure indicators and a temp warning showing on the screen. A bit of roadside research solved the pressure thing. I had set up the warning points on the app with too low a number for the "high" alert. TPS did its job...as I had programmed it. I had also been pushing the speed a bit hard for the heat, and after resuming the trip at a slightly slower pace all was good.

Put these on last week and they work as advertised.

A bit surprised at how the pressure really climbs on the rear at highway speeds but all is well. No plans on changing my cold psi, 40 front and 41 rear, rear can climb to around 48 at highway speeds but I suppose it always did that, the tpms just makes me aware of it is all.

Saved me checking pressure all the time, worth the coin.

I'm seriously looking at these, my pain levels have elevated to a point where some days getting on the ground is a no-can-do if I have any desire to get back up.

Does the app try to do anything besides read and report tire pressures, if so can any additional features be turned off within the app?

Are the T fittings heavy enough to effect tire balance?

I'm seriously looking at these, my pain levels have elevated to a point where some days getting on the ground is a no-can-do if I have any desire to get back up.

Does the app try to do anything besides read and report tire pressures, if so can any additional features be turned off within the app?

Are the T fittings heavy enough to effect tire balance?

no. The app just reads and reports. It can be set to ALERT you when riding or just show you when you open the app.

I honestly don’t see a need for the t fitting since you know what the pressure is. Ha, now you can plan to have a helper to get you off the ground because there are no tire pressure false alarms. You know when you will need air. Also the unit simply unscrews so why add the T? If you are replacing your tires then at that time it will be a mini added convenience for the future.

VentureFar..,

I've noticed the same thing...Since the rear tire does most of the work...load and acceleration wise... I guess it can be forgiven if it works up a sweat. My first trip with the TPS was a 2-up ride of about 200 miles on a very hot day. Started the trip with correct pressures as related to me by the tire builder, and just past the halfway point I checked the app to see how things were doing down below. There were Over-pressure indicators and a temp warning showing on the screen. A bit of roadside research solved the pressure thing. I had set up the warning points on the app with too low a number for the "high" alert. TPS did its job...as I had programmed it. I had also been pushing the speed a bit hard for the heat, and after resuming the trip at a slightly slower pace all was good.

With the proper settings on your phone, you will be alerted immediately to over or under pressure. The app automatically does it but your phone has to be set to alert you even when the app is in the background.

glad You are happy with the purchase.

I love mine!

VentureFar...

• 2 weeks later...
I’ve had these on my VTX1300 for the last year or so. Works great. No more kneeling and adjusting tire position to get the pressure gauge in.

Just installing on my new to my 2005 RSTD this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent. I love mine and everyone else that has them does too!

VentureFar...

• 4 weeks later...

Been using these on my 2012 for about 3 months. Really like the convenience and knowing "real time" what's happening down there. Spent the first few rides checking pressures every gas stop against my Rhino pressure gauge and they always matched. I feel reasonably sure that they function correctly and accurately. And as already mentioned by others, not having to lay down on the garage floor (or the hotel parking lot) to check pressures is a god-send for this old man.

One more point. I was surprised (shocked really) to see how much the rear wheel heats up under normal use. Front wheel, not so much. I've been a wrench turner on all my bikes and cars over the years and no stranger to the ins and outs of proper tire pressure, etc. But I never stopped to realize or appreciate how much heat is generated in the tire under normal conditions.

I live in western Oregon where the temp seldom hits 80 and the skies can be overcast for days. Just the other day I went for a short ride of a couple hundred miles out to the coast and back. Bike was not loaded down, just me. Overcast day, barely 70 degrees and after a hour and a half, the rear rear tire was, according to FOBO, 98 degrees with a pressure about 8 pounds higher than cold inflation pressure I checked when I left home. That put me above the recommended tire pressure, as stated on the tire. After getting back on the road, the temp and pressure went down somewhat but temp still remained in the nineties and slightly above the recommended max tire pressure.

Should I be concerned? Not sure, jury is still out on that. But now, when traveling at highway speeds (70+) I can't help but think about it. I'm doing more research on it, but ????

Been using these on my 2012 for about 3 months. Really like the convenience and knowing "real time" what's happening down there. Spent the first few rides checking pressures every gas stop against my Rhino pressure gauge and they always matched. I feel reasonably sure that they function correctly and accurately. And as already mentioned by others, not having to lay down on the garage floor (or the hotel parking lot) to check pressures is a god-send for this old man.

One more point. I was surprised (shocked really) to see how much the rear wheel heats up under normal use. Front wheel, not so much. I've been a wrench turner on all my bikes and cars over the years and no stranger to the ins and outs of proper tire pressure, etc. But I never stopped to realize or appreciate how much heat is generated in the tire under normal conditions.

I live in western Oregon where the temp seldom hits 80 and the skies can be overcast for days. Just the other day I went for a short ride of a couple hundred miles out to the coast and back. Bike was not loaded down, just me. Overcast day, barely 70 degrees and after a hour and a half, the rear rear tire was, according to FOBO, 98 degrees with a pressure about 8 pounds higher than cold inflation pressure I checked when I left home. That put me above the recommended tire pressure, as stated on the tire. After getting back on the road, the temp and pressure went down somewhat but temp still remained in the nineties and slightly above the recommended max tire pressure.

Should I be concerned? Not sure, jury is still out on that. But now, when traveling at highway speeds (70+) I can't help but think about it. I'm doing more research on it, but ????

excellent points. I saw 9# gain on the rear too. I had to raise the maximum pressure warning. Having communicated directly with engineers at FOBO I am 100 % confident in the pressure readings.

Pope3567 watch for my pm.

VentureFar...

Ron. No.

The tire manufacture takes heat into account. If you set your cold tire pressure to the max on the sidewall or less... Then the pressure build due to heat had already been considered. You are fine.

• Like 1

Ron. No.

The tire manufacture takes heat into account. If you set your cold tire pressure to the max on the sidewall or less... Then the pressure build due to heat had already been considered. You are fine.

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Take this very seriously!! IMHO, do exactly what @videoarizona is speaking of here!! Check your air pressures COLD as instructed on the side walls AND follow those side wall instructions concerning max load at stated air pressure.. Do not go by guesstimates stated in any manuals as the tire manufactures all have different PSI for different max loads.. Trust the tire manufacture engineers.. Once you get your cold temp psi set for the load range you want (generally speaking,, I personally like to air up to max load both front and rear when riding two up and loaded - always remember,, heat is your worst enemy with rubber and can/will destroy a tire quickly and low air pressure are a MAJOR heat producer - beside the ill effect low air pressure has on handling).. Once you have your pressures set where you want them ONLY use your TPMS as a monitoring system and only trust it for exactly that IMHO... Those ups and downs in PSI with temp changes are normal,, even 10 pound or more just like David mentions.. If the tire case says 50 pounds PSI for Max load and you are running 50 pounds and are not over weight and the PSI climbs to 60 pounds running the hot tarmac of Death Valley your in good shape..

Another point that I have experienced many many times.. In dealing with desert temp touring be very very careful with thinking you have more rubber on the road then you really do.. I have actually ran a brand new Dunlop 404 out in 3400 miles running hot tarmac.. Keep a very close eye on the tread depth if running in the heat and,, IMHO,,,, really watch it carefully once you get near the wear bars.. It always seemed to me that the rubber in the deeper part of the tread is not as wear resistent as the outer part of a new tire.. I know,, seems backwards dont it?? Seems like the squarer the tire would get,, the more contact patch you would have and the more material on the road would increase the resistance to wear cause there is more there across the tire BUT,, I really have never found this to be the case,, at least not for me... Its the other way around and WOW do those cords come up quickly when on the wear bars in the desert!!

OK... I'll shut up . :witch_brew::hihi: