IGNORED

Infotainment Update to 12.2.0

Thanks for sharing.

Would be nice if they provided a list of changes so we can decide if it is worth it.

Also not impressed that you have to buy updated map to get it.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

--

Question: What does this cost and what does it do for my system? Has anybody done this?

--

The map update cost is $99.00.. You must install the map update prior to installing 12.2.0 per Yamaha's web site and CS.

I installed both last night, however did not get a chance to go thru the system to see what changes, IF ANY to the infotainment system.

The map update took about 40 minutes to upload to the bike and the system update about 20 minutes or so.

both installed without issue.

Will review the system tonight.

Thanks for sharing.

Would be nice if they provided a list of changes so we can decide if it is worth it.

Also not impressed that you have to buy updated map to get it.

Would be nice to see the release notes for this update. So far, I have not been able to locate anything. If someone finds them, please post!

In terms of the Map update,

If the button for "Available updates" is greyed out and un-clickable in the Yamaha toolbox. Does that mean my map is up to date? I can go through the "Buy content" button and spend $100 on something. But it says "Q4 2018" on the option. That seems really old. I did just update my Eluder to R12.0.6 from R11.xxx. It did not change the "Available updates" button in the tool box after the update.

In terms of the Map update,

If the button for "Available updates" is greyed out and un-clickable in the Yamaha toolbox. Does that mean my map is up to date? I can go through the "Buy content" button and spend $100 on something. But it says "Q4 2018" on the option. That seems really old. I did just update my Eluder to R12.0.6 from R11.xxx. It did not change the "Available updates" button in the tool box after the update.

The update map button is only selectable if there's a newer version of the map on a USB stick that's plugged in. Q4 2018 is newer than r12.0.6

The update map button is only selectable if there's a newer version of the map on a USB stick that's plugged in. Q4 2018 is newer than r12.0.6

Are you talking about the button in the system settings on the bike itself? I was talking about the button on the toolbox program that runs on your PC or MAC.

Are you talking about the button in the system settings on the bike itself? I was talking about the button on the toolbox program that runs on your PC or MAC.

Ya sorry, I was talking about the bike itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

looking forward to your review.

Well so far I do not see any difference with the Infotainment system, menus they are the same. With both Intercom and CB on when pressing the PTT CB transmits, so no private com with passenger remains. As for the GPS I noticed that all surrounding streets names now show, however while riding, the approaching cross road name shows sometimes. I have not tried to upload a custom Route, will try this for a trip we have planned for next week. Spoke with CS, they could not tell me anything about the update other than it fixed a few bugs, of course CS has no idea what bugs were fixed. No surprise here considering we have heard nothing but crickets from Yamaha for the past two and half years.

This is a shame, as this motorcycle (a few infotainment systems quirks aside) is an awesome machine.

• 3 weeks later...
The Infotainment Update to 12.2.0 appears to be available. It also appears it requires the latest map software to be downloaded first.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/transcontinental-touring/pages/infotainment-software-update

I bought the map update and it wouldn't load, tried a few times. So therefore I couldn't load the software update. Had it at the dealer getting a new front put on and they tried as well and couldn't get either to load. They were going to check with Yamaha to see if there is a fix. The update just came out last month so it may have some bugs

I have a problem uploading the map update to the informant system as well. I'm downloading it again from the toolbox. I hope it works this time. I don't want to be $100 out for a program that doesn't upload to the system. Another fine update problem from Yamaha. This time I even paid for it.

I have a problem uploading the map update to the informant system as well. I'm downloading it again from the toolbox. I hope it works this time. I don't want to be $100 out for a program that doesn't upload to the system. Another fine update problem from Yamaha. This time I even paid for it.

I had the same problem with a 16 GB staples thumb drive.. Turns out the system is picky with thumb drives.

I purchased from staples a Lexar 16 GB thumb drive... this is a basic thumb drive, unlike other brands there are no files on this drive and this is where the issue lies with some brands.

I created a new thumb print on the Lexar then connected to the tool box and downloaded the map again.

This time the update installed without issue.

Also I used a different thumb drive for the Infotainment update, I use the thumb drive with the fingerprint for the Toolbox Nav updates only.

Hope this helps

Edited by PAVenture

Well, I used the USB card that Yamaha sent. It did download a second time. Now the update is causing problems with the informant system as well as the navigation portion. After riding for approximately half hour 45 minutes, the system started to malfunction. Entercom turned on, the volume was rapidly going from mute to maximum and returning the mute, Sirius would not play, I couldn't get it to change music venues, and the navigation froze shortly after I exited the freeway. I guess I'll go to my dealer to see if he has any suggestions on way to go from here.

Well, I used the USB card that Yamaha sent. It did download a second time. Now the update is causing problems with the informant system as well as the navigation portion. After riding for approximately half hour 45 minutes, the system started to malfunction. Entercom turned on, the volume was rapidly going from mute to maximum and returning the mute, Sirius would not play, I couldn't get it to change music venues, and the navigation froze shortly after I exited the freeway. I guess I'll go to my dealer to see if he has any suggestions on way to go from here.

Did you install 12.2.0 after the map update?