IGNORED

Working Class controller Needed !!

Morning.. Does anyone have a error free Class controller assembly they would sell ? I have re-soldered but no luck.. e 1 all the time. Let me know !

Ken

did you flow all of the joints or just the ones you thought to be suspect? Also check to see if any joints are bridged.

I don’t have an extra for you, but I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on some of these broken ones.

Thanks.. It seems when i move the wiring around at the wiring harness, I can get it to fire up and set the pressures.. not sure if it's the pressure on the pins, contact at the pins or a wiring issue...

Ken

Thanks.. It seems when i move the wiring around at the wiring harness, I can get it to fire up and set the pressures.. not sure if it's the pressure on the pins, contact at the pins or a wiring issue...

Ken

Might be a silly question, but did you clean the connectors? Scrub out any corrosion and put a little dielectric grease on there. Do the grease after it starts working consistently, it’s cleaner that way.

If you can move the harness and get the system to work, either you need to re-solder the pins to the controller board and make sure the solder flows to make a nice shiny new connection....or....you have a broken wire/loose pin in the connector. Both problems are easy to fix, but hard to see.

If I may:

Suggest you try again. Use a magnifier to look closely at the connections.

Seriously, these bikes are easy to repair....

Throw an Ohm meter on the connector pins using the ground/common pin as your base. Wiggle the wires. If one of them fluctuates, you've found your problem on the connector. Funny thing, with all the open/closing I've done on getting to the overflow tank...I've never had a connector issue, rather a bad solder joint on the board. So I must assume the board is the weak point. Which makes sense. The connector isn't really supported by anything but the board. At least on my scoot. But once soldered with nice gobs of solder, she's been tight now for 4 years.

Last thought, check the connector pins to make sure they are not dirty.

• 2 weeks later...