IGNORED

Small Milling Machine good for custom bike parts

I have a very solid and old manual milling machine with new everything: digital readouts on all 3 axes, speed control, new drive motor (Leeson), motorized X-axis control, clamps, etc. It is a Benchmaster from the 1950's (or so) but not really sure of the production date. It can be disassembled and moved down basement steps, or into a small shop. That is why I bought it. However, it is very solid and can make quality parts. I used it to make all of the parts I needed for my custom bike. I'm just under executive orders (wife) to start reducing my inventory, so it is going to be sold. Probably something like $1200 with the stand, tooling, whatever. Runs on 120VAC (standard house electrical circuit). Can be disassembled enough to fit into a car.

Lots of bits, measuring tools, boring head, machining parallels etc will be included. Totally clean and shiny. Not like the ones I have seen online!

Just let me know if you are interested.

zagger

Madison, WI

608-347-5779

sb1db@sbcglobal.net

Edited by zagger

@zagger, If you get no traction here, there are a couple options

Option 1. Price it so high that you know it will never sell, but you can say "See honey, I am trying to sell it......"

Option 2. In addition to all of the common sale sites, I belong to a Hobby Machinist group that is very much like this site as far as being friendly people that bend over backwards to help each other and the Moderators allow no BS or fighting or politics or religious discussions. Your machine would fit right in and the price looks to be very attractive.

If you put up a Craigs or other add with pics, let me know and I can post the link on the Hobby site for you.

zagger, If you get no traction here, there are a couple options

Option 1. Price it so high that you know it will never sell, but you can say "See honey, I am trying to sell it......"

Option 2. In addition to all of the common sale sites, I belong to a Hobby Machinist group that is very much like this site as far as being friendly people that bend over backwards to help each other and the Moderators allow no BS or fighting or politics or religious discussions. Your machine would fit right in and the price looks to be very attractive.

If you put up a Craigs or other add with pics, let me know and I can post the link on the Hobby site for you.

Thanks for the input. I'm not a member on Hobby Machinist but could be. I'm not in any panic to sell or anything. Just have lots of tools and haven't been building anything recently.

zag

PS Bike still runs great!

Edited by zagger

I keep adding to the list of stuff included. In my shop, I noticed a bunch of milling machine stuff in a shallow box sitting by my bandsaw which should be included. So everything is included. Pretty darned good deal I would say. I would keep everything - except that I just don't have anything that I need to build! Geesh.

I took your advice and have been trying to register on the Hobby Machinist site. Been a couple of days but have not been able to register. Just sent another email asking about this. Seems a bit unusual that they would be shut down, but who knows.

zag

zagger, If you get no traction here, there are a couple options

I gave up on the Hobby Machinist website. I've tried several times to register and it says to check my email. But I get nothing. Just listed the machine on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Benchmaster-milling-machine/193600326658

It is actually a very nice tool which is capable of making quality parts. And I am including all necessary tooling. It is easy to buy full size milling machines which can only be trucked to a ground level shop and moved using a forklift. If you have a basement shop, like me, the full size machines are not practical. And this small sized machine can be used for nearly all machining jobs. I am only selling it because I don't foresee more bike building (getting to be an old fart) and the wife wants me to start clearing out the shop.

zag

Looks like a nice little mill.

Did you check your SPAM folder for the emails from Hobby Machinist?

I do have a full size mill in my basement. All 3400 lbs of it. came down with two 90° turns along the way.

I fear that down was a lot easier than up will be some day......

Looks like a nice little mill.

Did you check your SPAM folder for the emails from Hobby Machinist?

Yup, I checked every folder many times and received nothing. Anyway, now it is listed on ebay and 14 people are watching it. One nice aspect of this mill is that it can be disassembled into components which are easily moved, loaded into a car, setup down in the basement, etc. And yet it is very solid and can be used to make precision parts.

zag

Yup, I checked every folder many times and received nothing. Anyway, now it is listed on ebay and 14 people are watching it. One nice aspect of this mill is that it can be disassembled into components which are easily moved, loaded into a car, setup down in the basement, etc. And yet it is very solid and can be used to make precision parts.

zag

I posted a link to your Ebay add on HM. It has a bunch of views there to.

zag

Well, I listed it on ebay and a machinist in Milwaukee bought it and is coming to get it this weekend. Zip, zap, zoom. He has been looking for a Benchmaster mill for quite awhile and actually will know how to use it. Like me, he wanted a small sized mill to be able to get it into his basement.

zag