IGNORED

03 RSV Blackout

Poppa Phill

IN keeping with my really bad habit of hating all things stock.

I decided to add some contrast to the Star. I contacted my goto scrap yard folks in Massilon Ohio and aquired Midnight star engine covers braces and front wheel.

I removed the tank and some of the fairing trying to trace down the fuel indicator fault and have yet to find it, The fuel sending unit tests out ok so its in the wiring....SOMEPLACE....??..

Heres a couple Pics..StarV3.jpgStarV2.jpg

You got it looking very good. :thumbsup2: I assume you are talking about Pinwall's in Manfield? I've been there a few times. Nice people.

The One and Only. Not Mansfield, Massillon close enough.. They supplied a lot of the Parts from my XS Eleven Build that made the record books in Norwalk back in 86. They are always nice via phone email whatever, and they strive to keep things as good as they can get! The wheel and covers altogether with bolts braces was about $150.

I aint Mad!

Yea, Massilon is what I meant. It used to be somewhere else but I can't remember where. I went to the old place a couple of times and have been to the new one a couple of times. They are good at what they do. Videoing the bikes before tearing them down and then having everything cataloged and on the shelves. Pretty nice operation.

Yea, Massilon is what I meant. It used to be somewhere else but I can't remember where. I went to the old place a couple of times and have been to the new one a couple of times. They are good at what they do. Videoing the bikes before tearing them down and then having everything cataloged and on the shelves. Pretty nice operation.

Pinwals sent me a cople centerstands for the price of shipping. I cut one down 1.25 inches and that ended up being too short to get the rear off the fround. I also found that I have lowering links on this Bike as well. Im going to increase height at 1/4 inch increments till I get a height I can deal with.

The other thing I thought about is changing the angle of the Foot pivot to increase Lift values. That idea seems to offer the most promise. The current brackets under the bike and damper seem to be aftermarket. the rest damper runner grommet is a good 1.5 inches forward of the Gen 1 arm that would rest there. since I have 2, I am going to change the pivot angle on the second one to see if that works. If it does, problem solved but Im thinking its still going to be too high..?? Thoughts?

What tires do you have on your bike? The Venture's looking great, by the way.

The 86 Has Dunlop Elites stock sizing front and rear.

The RSV has Dunlops as well, likely get a new set next year as I practice more or managing the weight.

Ive been working on steering lock turns in parking lots and its help alot.

15 yrs off led to serious issues with managing the weight as I only have grass dirt etc on my lot so I laid it over alot.

Now Im turning sharp into steering lock with no issues, gotta get that confidence back.

I hear alot being said about the 130-90 front tire size but havent looked deeper into it other than its supposed to help low speed maneuvering.

I will make that decision next year as I am contemplating stripping this bike down to the TD style losing the batwing and trunk.

I really could avoid all that by purchasing a raider but I havent hit the lottery yet.

Lotta words for a what tire I got on it eh ??